PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Predator...

SparkyTX
04-19-2004, 07:58
I wanted to get some feedback from some real world use.

1. When you take your rig to the dealer, do you restore the original OEM program to the ECM and then re-load your tune after that fact? If yes, do you re-download the OEM settings each time to the Pred?

2. What level can a stock Allison safely handle?

3. I really need to get my speedo recal'd for 285s. I would love the Juice with its change-on-the-fly setup, but can't justify both. When you update for larger tires and upload a performance tune, does the DIC stay in sync with numbers like MPG and Distance Remaining calcs?

Thanks!

DinoMax
04-29-2004, 12:29
SparkyTX, I use the Predator and restore factory settings before going to the dealer, and just re-load the performance tune afterwards. Only takes a couple of minutes to do it, and the dealer is none the wiser. I also have a 6" superlift, big tires, etc., and so far, they have not been a problem either. Dealer says "as long as the mod's didnt cause the problem, we'll fix it under warranty smile.gif My tranny is still stock, and I regularly run the Predator 120HP tune. No racing or pulling a trailer, just gettin' to work in a hurry ;) So far, so good (32K miles) The rule of thumb seems to be any power adders under 100HP seem to be ok stock. After that, it depends on how much power, and how you drive. The Juice w/ Attitude monitor will adjust for larger tires, but the "Correct" MPH will display ONLY on the Attitude monitor/not on your factory speedo/odo. Predator will display correct #'s on factory speedo/odo. Not sure about the DIC info, as my Chevy is an '02 and does not have that feature. Either product (Juice/Predator) will do a good job for you, it just depends how much you want to spend and which features are more important to you. Good Luck, DinoMax :D :D

DmaxMaverick
04-29-2004, 14:12
Ditto's to Dinomax.

I use mine about the same and have had no problems.

SparkyTX
04-29-2004, 19:24
Thanks for the info. But I bought the Juice the other day. Just got it and installed it tonight. I like the ability of the Predator to read codes and change for tires, but I like how the Juice monitors the transmission and the ability ofr regular and tow/haul settings. I decided I can live with an out-of-whack speedo for now for the features I liked of the Juice. Will add a Predator in a few months (maybe xmas present) to correct the speedo and act as a diagnostic tool.

Oh yeah, picked up a used Edge Juice on eBay for under $400 total shipped ot the house Can't complain about that! And works like a charm!