PDA

View Full Version : Air mods

piersbc
12-09-2003, 11:04
How do you remove the air intake snorkel that is in the fender of my 95? Can I get to it thru the headlight assembly or are we talking a fender removal? Also I'm planning on removing the excess webbing on the LD intake extension casting as per kennedy diesel unless I'm advised not to....thanks.

[ 12-09-2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: piersbc ]

cruzer
12-09-2003, 13:31
Removing the air box is done from inside the engine compartment. This can be done by removing the air box from the fender. IIRC there are 2 bolts on the bottom of the box which can be reached from inside the wheel opening(top), then undo the hose clamp on the turbo and remove airbox. Now I think you have to remove the battery & remove the bolt behind it on the the fender. You should probably check to see if there is a bolt near or in the snorkle where the airbox went into the fender. If there is remove it. I just don't recall if there's one or not. Now grab the snorkle & pull it out.

[ 12-09-2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: cruzer ]

Spindrift
12-10-2003, 08:08
Can anyone recommend mods that would increase air volume thru the snorkel?

Scooby
12-10-2003, 09:41
Where can I find how to clean up inside the intake pumbing ??? I have seen references on TDP tp both Banks and Kennedy. I have looked at both sites, and not seen anything about intake mods- just parts. Maybe I'm in the wrong spot. Help if you can !!!

Rick

freddys
12-10-2003, 09:58
Take a look here http://www.kennedydiesel.com/6265techtips.html there are some Inlet Mods.

freddy