PDA

View Full Version : LLY Converter

sixl
04-20-2004, 12:36
I have an LLY, cut off the muffler and didn't change any thing. Anyone cut off the converter or chang the whole ext. system and see a change (better or worse)?

Craig C.
04-20-2004, 13:57
I am wondering the same thing , get rid of the cat....More power for the LLY???? I heard the older exhausts will bolt right up!! Minus the cat of course.. Does anyone know if it will throw a code or anything????

Patiently awaiting Juice for the LLY!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :mad:

okauto
04-20-2004, 15:50
An earlier post had said that the LLY's have the same Garrett turbo as the Fords have, and that they need some back pressure from the Cat to work efficiently. So, we may not be able to take the Cats out of the system without hurting performance. If that is the case, what will happen to exhaust temps from the turbo to the Cat with the smaller exhaust if performance chips ever come out. Hopefully someone will do some testing on the LLY's soon as everyone is in the dark.
Hopefully we'll know soon, as I just ordered a 2004 LLY Allison CC SB 4WD SLT loaded yesterday and I will be ready for 4" exhaust, intake, and Edge as soon as they are available - if they will enhance the new engine.

Craig C.
04-20-2004, 19:05
Talked to Banks today , and they said the db7 exhaust will fit fine , and pick up about 15 ponies , six gun on it's way in early July , maybe sooner , couldn't give me numbers on gains though!! Said gettin' rid of the cat wouldn't affect anything ,except lowering EGT's and adding power!! smile.gif smile.gif

DmaxMaverick
04-20-2004, 19:20
An earlier post had said that the LLY's have the same Garrett turbo as the Fords have, and that they need some back pressure from the Cat to work efficiently. That rumor was started by a tree-huggin', granola eat'n, bicycle ride'n, seal wash'n green peace idiot (pardon my french). No truth to it.

Back pressure equals less power and higher EGT's. Period.

Craig C.
04-20-2004, 19:37
Good to know!!! I think I'll start with an exhaust , and then get a tuner or box when they start coming out , overall I'm pleased with the power the LLY is puttin' out , just want to extract what's available there , after all that's why I got rid of my Gas Guzzlin' 6.0 03'anyways!!!!
Is there alot to be gained with a drop in filter , such as an amsoil foam type ???, or should I just wait til' they come out with a cold air system for this beast??? :rolleyes:

DMAX4LIFE
04-21-2004, 05:19
sixl where in west texas are you from?

Oh yeah I have a close friend that has JK's 4 inch exhaust on the way for his LLY so I will keep you guys updated.

sixl
04-21-2004, 05:53
Dmax,
Lubbock need to meet up some time email me with your phone # msixl@aol.com

Polar Diesel
04-22-2004, 07:32
Anybody totally strait piped an LLY? Wondering if the new turbo sounds different than the LB7.