View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 07:28 AM
Long Distance Crew Chief for BMDMAX

The 2010 and prior model brakes just do not inspire confidence. 2011+ got larger rotors etc. They have also taken the slack/slop/sponginess out of the pedal. Possibly related to the stabiltrak system?

One suggestion that I can make that will not break the bank is Hawk Super Duty Ferrocarbon pads. I put a set of these on a F250 and it really stops nice yet predictable. Have not yet tried the GM application. Stay away from the fancy ceramic stuff. Make sure the caliper pistons and slides work freely. When the brakes are working well with nice aggressive pads you should be able to get the ABS to activate/chatter a bit under exceptionally hard stops at highway speeds.

I should also note that I did a Duraburb with EBC Orange stuff and they worked exceptionally well, but are VERY expensive.
2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!