Thread: Wiring harness

Default Wiring harness

New to board guys, bare with me. I just bought a 1983 Chevy K10 Blazer with a 6.2 DD. The Blazer came with a hacked up engine wiring harness. I’ve looked and couldn’t find a replacement. Can anyone guide me in the right direction? A website that sells reproductions or a salvage yard that specializes in 6.2! I’m excited about my new project and want to get it running ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Arrow

Welcome aboard!

Not much in the way of options. Old harnesses are difficult to transplant, simply due to age degradation, but you could get lucky. Otherwise, contact www.painlessperformance.com . You'll likely have to modify a gasser harness, or pony up for custom. Good luck, and please let us know how you work this out.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks for the quick reply. You mentioned a “custom” harness? Any company in particular?

Again thanks.

Arrow

Painless, the same company linked above. Their harnesses aren't cheap, but worth every penny. I suggest contacting them and ask for options. You or they may be able to modify an available harness without too much hassle, if a custom job is too costly (which I suspect). If nothing else, they will have all the OEM connectors, leaving you to connect the dots. It is a lot of time and work, and you'll need the wiring diagram. A ton of patience and good eyesight helps, too.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks again. I appreciate your time and advise.