Thread: Michelin tire question

Default Michelin tire question

Anyone have any experience with the X-radial DT sold at Sam's club? They are the same price as the XLT M/S. I drive a 2500HD x-cab 4/4 Siverado and use the truck mostly in city/highway(no snow) and pull a 5th wheel that nearly maxs out the rear tire load of 3000 lbs/tire.
    09 Silverado 4x4 D/A x-cab 45000mi

NutNbutGMC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bob E. View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the X-radial DT sold at Sam's club? They are the same price as the XLT M/S. I drive a 2500HD x-cab 4/4 Siverado and use the truck mostly in city/highway(no snow) and pull a 5th wheel that nearly maxs out the rear tire load of 3000 lbs/tire.
    I recently swapped from the M/S to the X-Radial (Sam's tires). In my opionin, it was a step up in tire comfort (for lack of better terms).

I got into the X-Rad only because they didn't have any M/S 265s (Load E) in stock, but did indeed have the X-Rad. I wasn't thrilled by the price but once I got the tires on and booked on down the interstate at a fair rate of speed, I was immediately pleased in the upgrade.

It took me two rotations to get the tires settled onto the wheels and the entire wheel balanced to my satisfaction but I do not regret going to the X-Rad. I run the M/S on a Suburban and may or may not feel any difference in the vehicle application using the tires, but the X-Rad was a good improvement on the GMC 2500.

$0.02
    Last edited by NutNbutGMC; 02-27-2008 at 21:11.

I appreciate the reply. I only inquired about the 245x75x16 and the quote I got was from Sams(x-radial LT) and Discount Tires(M/S). The price was $775.00 out the door for either one. If I wanted the AT2 or the XPS the price went up along with availabity. We are leaving on a long trip next week so if I don't hear anything real negative I'll go with the Radials from Sams.

I also have the 245 X-Radial LT's from Sams Club. I ran them on my 98 and am currently on the second set with my 03. They run quiet and wear well... had over 54Kmi on the last set with 4-5/32 of tread left when I changed them.
    Bill
    03 2500HD D/A CC/SB/4WD,OilGuard, MegaFilter,LiftPump/PreFilter, Bilsteins,RetraxRollTop,J&J Boards,Coolant Filter,AlliDeepPan,FastIdle,AllHeadLightsOn,
    98 K3500 6.5,SOLD

Smile

Thanks Nutn and Bill. I got them and they're quiet and the ride is great

Bob

NutNbutGMC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bob E. View Post
    Thanks Nutn and Bill. I got them and they're quiet and the ride is great

Bob
    Good deal. Enjoy your trip and stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by jbplock View Post
    I also have the 245 X-Radial LT's from Sams Club. I ran them on my 98 and am currently on the second set with my 03. They run quiet and wear well... had over 54Kmi on the last set with 4-5/32 of tread left when I changed them.
    Sams's place dropped us dually-ites, stopped offering our tire sizes. Oh well, they couldn't seem to balance 'em right anyway.
    2005 Chev Duramax/Allison 3500LS DRW Crew Cab, Ride-Rites, Sulastics
    B&W 30K-Turnover GN, Putnam 15K-Class-5, A/T Revos, LMM mouthpiece

2006 Chev 6.0L/4L80e 3500WT DRW Ex-Cab 8'Flat-GN, Ride-Rites, Sulastics
    A/T Revos