Thread: towing with vanaken 110hp, great milage

just got back from a 4000 km round trip, there was five duramaxes on this trip pulling fifth wheels and hoilday trailers waying a combined weight from 16000 to twenty thousand pounds each, we all have the 110 hp vanaken and all had it on the 110 setting for the whole trip,i am the only one with the 4 inch exaust, we went threw some real ulgy crosswinds and climbed two 8-10 percent grades for four miles going up, that was the only time my truck overheaded, got a warning high temp light and alarm, this was pined for about two minutes straight, climbing to the summit at about 115km hr. the others went over as well but not at the same speed, ambient temp. was 28 degress celus, but no others had problems with heating, we all averaged from 11.6 to the highest of 16mpg for the trip, i would like to show others with the vanaken 110, their was no problems we encountered and all talked about the power we had, with the great milage,our average hiway speed was 116km/hr, we figured we saved a few miles per gallon over stockpower
    03 2500 pewter crew cab 4*4 gmc<br />fully chromed,<br />285*75*16 bfg tires,<br />4\" dyno-max exhaust<br />110 bully-dog box, aux tank,<br />k&n air filter<br />0-60 in 6.28s<br />1/4 mile in 14.79seconds

the simple fact remains thta the vas just are not very popular for some reason.i have had several and loved all but one always get better mileage and cooler egts..i have a 75hp va i use to tow loads of up the 28k 24 foot dovetail with 2450 gallon h20 tank plus 300 to 400 gal of chem and egts always stay in check..good post jess
    QUADZILLA POWER 215HP STEALTH TUNER,BULLYDOG PROPANE,NITROUS EXPRESS,QUADZILLA POWER EXHAUST AND GAUGES,THANKS TO ADVANCE DIESEL TECHNOLOGY,DYNOED AT 455.7HP ON#2AND 558.9HP ON #2AND FRIENDS

Kennedy Guest

They do work well, but perform more like the CA version programming. Less TQ, fair HP, but when I ran it, it had a bit of excessive "rattle" in the timing which may be related to the MPG. Takes more pedal to get the power, etc.

I'm hoping to try the newer 150 HP files soon. From what I hear, I may change my opinion...

i had one of the 150 files for a while and it did have the opwer just not as fast as the 135 to 140 tune,i sent it back and got it reprogrammed...jess
    QUADZILLA POWER 215HP STEALTH TUNER,BULLYDOG PROPANE,NITROUS EXPRESS,QUADZILLA POWER EXHAUST AND GAUGES,THANKS TO ADVANCE DIESEL TECHNOLOGY,DYNOED AT 455.7HP ON#2AND 558.9HP ON #2AND FRIENDS

Maverick Guest

King D,
    Send me your phone #. I want to look you up when I get to NC toward the end of Aug.