Thread: She just died

Angry

Saturday, as I was driving down the road at about 50 mph, the truck just died. I was able to slow down, pull over and stop. I hit the starteda nd she started right up. Must of set a code as the check engine light came on . After 10 starts or so, the CES light went off. Today it happened again but the interuption was so brief that I didn't have to restart and the CES light did not come on. I have removed my Edge Juice for now to see if it happens again or not. I have a 2002 D/A short bed ext cab Silverado.
    Has this happened to anyone else like this? If so, what did you find/

Thaks guys
    DenverDale
    2013 Silverado LTZ 2500HD 4WD EXT CAB Short bed
    DURAMAX/ALLISON
    BLUE GRANITE METALLIC Line X bedliner

have a 00' that my brother is taking care of while i am in Iraq did something similar, the truck would shut off and flash power fast enough that the truck wouldnt die. He said it was a loose battery cable, somewhere between the battery and starter i think is what he said?.

Thanks for the reply. And thanks for being in Iraq. I hope it is worth it for the US and for Iraq.
    DenverDale
    DURAMAX/ALLISON

PAt and Kathy the one currently in Iraq, give me a location. I am at Speicher.
    Vandal7

Kennedy Guest

If it persists, remove the Edge and try to duplicate the condition.

Jim Brzozowski Guest

I doubt its loose battery cable. Even if one looses contact the other one loosing contact at the same exact time would be a very rare thing. Unless of course one battery was already bad and the good one lost contact. I'd suspect some sensor told the computer its got a problem and the computer shut it off, like maybe no fuel flow or somthing like that. As long as a diesel is geetting fuel and turning over it should continue to run.

JK
    I have already removed the Edge Juice to see if the condition develops again. Since it only happened twice, it may be hard to find it. I may go to Auto Zone and have them read the stored code.
    Thanks for the reply.
    denverdale
    DURAMAX/ALLISON

Vandal, we (me and my wife) are at tal afar (sykes)