Thread: A mystery air noise on my 2002 2500 HD D/A

Question

I was in the middle of a 150-mile trip when I started noticing an air noise coming from my left in dash vent during acceleration (34,000 miles on truck and I have never noticed this before). I shut the radio off and shut off all of the heater controls but it did not change anything. I put my hand over the vent and it felt like there was a slight suction during acceleration (I am not certain if it is a suction or not I am going to test it with smoke later today). This air noise drowns out the turbo whine on acceleration. Any ideas or suggestions?
    02 Chevy LT K2500HD Dmax/Alli EC SB Green tan leather, Amsoil fluids throughout (dual by-pass oil filters & air filter) Putco 4

You might want to check the rubber insulators where the wiring or the hood latch
    cable goes through the fire wall. Some times if they pop out, the engine compartment noise
    will be heard under the right condiditons. I had this happen, where a rushing noise was
    heard under power. It was the hood latch cable grommet.
    1972 Chevy C20 Diesel Conversion<br />6.2 NA Type \"J\"<br />TH700<br />4.10 diff ratio<br />Oil and Trans coolers.<br />3\" duals with 4\" outlets<br />Med Blue / White cab

Runaway Guest

Maybe that air restriction gauge popped out like some others have reported and you hear the air being sucked into that little hole. ???