Thread: Still surging

Red face

I have a 2004.5 Duramax/Allison. The ECM has been updated with lastest calibration,but truck still surges when you a slow stop. The surging is a intermetant issue. I would like to know if anyone has any ideas on what I can try next. Any help will ge greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Art DiBenedetto

I changed my fuel filter yesterday to the latest Baldwin. When I made the first start with the new filter I had surging for about 15 minutes and then it went away. Just some input or maybe a direction to look.
    Bugsy<br />2004.5 Silverado 2500HD Summit White, Duramax LLY/Allison, Snow Plow Package, 4-WD, Towing Package<br />Modifications: Fumoto Valve, 2005 Harley Softail Deluxe B/W, 2001 Lexus ES300, 2004 Vento Triton R4 Scooter.

Arrow

Idle surge is a warrantable/actionable concern if there is more than a 100-rpm variation when read by a Tech II scan tool.

Most diesel engines, including the Duramax, will produce some idle variation. It's the degree that determines whether your dealer can/will work to resolve the problem.

Assuming no fuel supply problem (fuel filter, fuel restriction, etc.), a frequently replaced item for an idle surge issue is the fuel pressure regulator. You can read more about idle surge here in this forum using the search function.

MP

Wink

Thanks guys I least I somthing to work with
    Artie D.