Thread: Excessive corrosion on Transmission Engine,etc

I need help.Took delivery of 05 Duramax CC and discovered unblievable rust and corrosion on transmission engine transfer case yoke& u-joint,etc.Transmission pan was rusted jack shaft so badly rusted it is scaling off.Body parts frame steering parts have no rust so it is not from being on the road.Has anyone been to the factory where the components come together.Are the components shipped from factory to factory in an open truck catching all the road salt along the way?? Any advice would be appreciated.Truck was assembled in early to mid Jan 05 so what ever attacked it is very corrosive.I have lots of pictures but don`t know how to post them.

The corrosion problem is making me worry. I went to the body shop which was repairing my truck after the black ice accident. They had the bed off of the truck. The amount of corrosion on my 2004 rear brake springs and on the frame in places was shameful. The truck was sold new in April 2004. My 1984 still had hardy any corrosion when I rebuilt it. The issue of where the trucks came from were identical Colorado. The only thing different than location was the time there. My 1984 was there for 2 1/2 years. This truck was there for 7 months. I can see why the rear emergency brakes rust up in these trucks. They are already rusting away new. I will try to stop the rust and lube the brake pivot parts to stop a failure.

Jim Brzozowski Guest

Isn't it poor management on the part of GM to send these high dollar trucks out with parts unpainted. Apparently they don't care. When I complained to my dealer where I bought my truck about all of the unpainted surfaces, the service manager said she went out and looked at those places on the trucks they had on their lot and all of them were that way and she wasn't going to paint mine nor a hundred and twenty of them. I just put it on a lift one saturday and painted it myself. What a difference. Don't know what to do about under the dash though. Hopefully it won't ever rust through from the inside.

VT_mountain_man Guest

A friend of mine Just got his 05 Dodge Ram CC. one day off the lot and under 50 miles.
    The under side of the truck was loaded with rust.
    on the drive shafts,yokes,or any other parts that did not have paint on them. I stopped by a Ford lot today and saw the same on everyone I looked under. It's not just a GM problem