Thread: 2005 changes??

Anybodyknow what changes are being made for the 05 Duramax/Allison? I hear they are going to try to fix the awful grill frontend combination.
    Rick Lance
    Over 1 million miles on my seven Duramax's

Personally I like it, but to each his own. But yeah they are re-styling the front end on the HD pickups. GM says they are going back to a power bulge hood on the HD. I figure it will be the same type style, with the center raised some to look "tougher".

Does anyone know if the 40/20/40 LEATHER bench will be available in 2005? Currently this is not an option on the LT (chevy) and SLT(GMC). My dealer said it may be an option in 05. I wish I could find out as we are having a fourth child and we need a front bench.
    On Order 2011 3500HD GMC 4X4 Crew Cab Black Short Bed SRW.

They have the 40/20/40 in leather, but not heated leather and it is an option right now

Cool

Rickdlance
    Though you might like to see what my GMC 04 lly with a special hood looks like. Sure have had many comments and looks. It fits the GMC Truck style well. And with an intake AFE addition the twin air induction scoops dump the air into the intake.

You can view it at this site: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...13&uid=2339453
    04.5 GMC c\\c SLE LLY Silver Birch<br />Keystone Hood, Predator,ISO Pyro\\Boost, Rino line, ******** filter, extra 40 gal bed tank

Buck Guest

Congrats to Big Bud for getting the whole hood and not those Cheeeeezy stick on scoops [img]redface.gif[/img] .

Looks very nice Bud

BTW, Anyone need a bug shield?
    I have a Light Pewter Metallic bug shield for a fullsize GMC. It was a clear one and I had the back side painted. Had it on my '01 1500 GMC for 4 months then I got the Dmax.