Thread: Another "Nick" Satisfied Customer

Went by Nick's in Sacramento to have the "Big Cat" Pre-OEM filter kit installed last night. What a great kit Nick has put together. First class components and pretty good installer too! LOL

After seeing all the pictures of the "Kit" and the industrial strength bracket install, decided to go for it. Well worth the price and the results should be fantastic if I get anywhere near the fuel sample test results everyone else is getting.

Nick is a great guy and the install was uneventful, like clockwork. Primed it, fired it and never burped once. Air tight and dry as a bone. Drive home seemed smoother and truck was peppier than usual. She wanted to run, so let the reins go until the limiter kicked in....very smooth. Filled up and will see if mileage improves (if the limiter doesn't kick in again) ha ha ha

Thanks Nick for taking the time and creating one fine kit.

Nick has 8500 miles on his Big Cat pre OEM Filter and that is getting closer to OEM cycle times and very acceptable replacement. Going to be hard for him to wait beyond 10K before cuting it open as he's like a kid before Christmas and wants to do it now LOL.

I think I will just leave my "Big Cat" on for at least 15K and see what happens. I have a spare and this "Big Cat" can be changed on one knee, by hand (well a big hand anyway) in about 1 minute so let's see how long it can go.

I now have a Big Cat under there with the Allison, does this combo make it an AllyCat? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry couldn't resist!

You guys on the fence, gotta try this one! You will wish you did it sooner to save those injectors.

Thansk again Nick!
    \'01 Chevy EC/2WD/SB, T/F 45 gal, Delvac 1, TranSynd, deep pan, MAG drain plug. Escalade handles & painted bumper capto. After market grill, billet bowtie, Stockland cover, no side trim, no juice, no gauges, nuttin but stock! Nicktane Big CAT Pre-OEM. Gone, but not forgotten.

'07 Crew Cab LBZ stock all the way except added 45 gallon Transfer Flow tank and billet grille. Great truck also now gone, but not forgotten.

'12 Crew Cab stock for a few more days LOL

Glad to here it .....

I'm also in the slooooooooow mix of gathering and preparing a Cat install .....

Wondering your thoughts or anyone that have gone pre OEM with the Cat setup and water accumulation .... I was told by HO Penn that water will not pass thru the Absolute Cat 2 mic filter ..... I have an idea using a Cat pre water separator and absolute final .... Maybe you guys out West aren't concerned but I already had a water issue .... In addition we have ridiculous weather swings ....

Mac

The 2 micron CAT filter has no water separation capabilities. i.e. whatever water goes into the CAT filter will come out the other side. The OEM water separator is still in place, with the debatable protection it may or may not provide. As always, highly reocmmend the regular use of a high quality diesel fuel additive with water emulsion capabilities (Primrose 405, FPPF, etc.).
    George
    George Morrison, STLE CLS<br />www.avlube.com e-mail avlube@netwalk.com<br />2002 Chev Duramax 2500HD, Delvac 1, Mobil 1 syn ATF, 75W-90<br />1998 Chev 3500HD 6.5TD, Delvac 1, Harvard 750S by-pass oil filter

Mike,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad your truck is happy!

George, thanks for the info on the passing of water. i figured it would go right in and out, but at least i know it won't get stuck in the CAT.

Mackin', Come on and do your setup already! Or is your mind to preocupied with what will happen to those 4 back tires once your tranny stops a limpin' [img]tongue.gif[/img]

sounds like you got a good thing going nick may have to get you to make me up a couple kits for the farms dmaxes
    QUADZILLA POWER 215HP STEALTH TUNER,BULLYDOG PROPANE,NITROUS EXPRESS,QUADZILLA POWER EXHAUST AND GAUGES,THANKS TO ADVANCE DIESEL TECHNOLOGY,DYNOED AT 455.7HP ON#2AND 558.9HP ON #2AND FRIENDS

Jess,

no sweat. I should have my new one-piece brackets in a couple weeks if the metal fab guys keep their word.. otherwise its back to the welder! i'm sure going through wire & gas like crazy!