Thread: I just wanted to say....

Talking

I am a brand spankin new member of TDP and I just wanted to say that I have been watching this forum for some time and it is a great place!

Just by reading the threads I have learned many things about my 01 D/A. I thought it was high time I pipped up and thanked you all for your knowledge (and entertainment value!!)

Keep up the good work!
    2001 2500HD D/A EC 4x4 Indigo Blue Da Juice, AFE Stage II, Amsoil,BFG T/A KO 265\'s, Hard wired Valentine One <br /><br />\"This is like driving horizontal gravity, it just keeps pulling\"

Welcome aboard. I've said before that this forum is one of joys of owning a DMax. Hope your enjoying yours as much as everyone else. I too have an 01. Keep your head up on the following:

If it wont shift it's probably the NSBU switch on the Allison. It's beeen upgraded on the 02s+

Some have had the plastic bleeder screw on the fuel filter assbly. break. Replacements are avail. thru sources here.

Talking

Thanks MountainMax!

I'll keep that info in mind. My 01 has it's own "personality" but nothing that serious yet, after 44K its still like new.

I love this forum, I wish there was a forum like this for everything I own! I could have used it for my last truck a 1990 1/2 ton 4x4 with a 5 liter, a good truck, put 186,000 on it but it had a lot of "personality".

My only fear with this truck is the lack of knowledge at the stealer, thats why this is such a great resource.

Thanks
    2001 2500HD D/A EC 4x4 Indigo Blue Da Juice, AFE Stage II, Amsoil,BFG T/A KO 265\'s, Hard wired Valentine One <br /><br />\"This is like driving horizontal gravity, it just keeps pulling\"

Idle_Chatter Guest

403turbo, welcome. The only part that I've had to put on my '01 in 43,000 miles (except for a burned-out low beam bulb) is the drive belt tensioner. The tensioner bearing is a known '01 issue and was redesigned in '02. Mine was jumping up and down at idle about 2" and was making noise. New one is just "jiggling" at idle and silent (well less than the engine and fan noise, anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Smile

403turbo : Wlecome to TDP!, I'm a newbie myself. I purchased a 2002 Chev D/A CC SB in August 2002, and I now have 5500 miles on her. She runs like a top!, no probs what'so'ever. I've installed an Amsoil 2-stage air filter, Changed fuel filter, and trying to decide which Oil to use. There's been a-lot of talk here on which oil's are best, and you will have to be the best judge of that. I've learned everything about my DMAX right here on this site, I've asked questions at my Stealer about anything about my truck, and a response " I really could not tell you " was replied. The info here is invaluable!, and the people here are totally helpful in regards to figuring stuff out with our trucks. Goodluck and enjoy.
    Chad
    2002 Chev Dmax/Allison cc/sb,Summit White, BF Goodrich 265,75R-16, SS sep bars, Truxedo Pics-http://www.pbase.com/bigwheel/new_dmax

Talking

Bigwheel

I noticed 265 BFG AT's in your sig, I am thinking of these for my rig as well. How are they working out for you?

I have had excellent luck with these tires in the past and they look great on your truck.

A little expensive but I don't mind paying for quality

Thumbs up

403Turbo:
    The BF goodies work great!, I keep them around 44 lbs, do not go below 40lbs they will cup. I had traded in my stock skins for these, and it's the largest we can go with going to a lift for 285's, from what I was told from my truck accessory place. I'm going to put a couple of 100lb plates in the back for the best ride. I hear very little tire noise, I get more noise from my bug deflector. I'm very satisfied!. Thanks
    Chad

[ 01-16-2003: Message edited by: Bigwheel ]</p>
    2002 Chev Dmax/Allison cc/sb,Summit White, BF Goodrich 265,75R-16, SS sep bars, Truxedo Pics-http://www.pbase.com/bigwheel/new_dmax