Thread: more smoke than normal

I have noticed that I have more smoke than normal coming from my pipe.

I have no change in power and no change in oil level.

Any Ideas???

Trent
    2002 GMC 4X4 Crew-Cab D/A Ranch-hand Headacke Rack, Juice Chip (WOW),K&N Filter W/Swiss cheese air box\"Straight Piped\", APC 100w Super White high beams W/Quad lights

Arrow

Changes in fuel quality (particularly in cetane) can produce changes in engine running characteristics. Changes in fuel filter (fuel supply) restrictions can produce changes in the amount of smoke produced.

And of course, defective fuel injection components or engine components can produce changes in running characteristics and in the amount of smoke produced.

Diagnostic info like knowing whether there are any trouble codes, boost pressure produced, smoke hot, cold or both, vehicle performance changes, or fuel economy changes can be helpful to narrow down the possibilities....

MP

mark45678 Guest

MP forgot to remind you about your air cleaner! If its dirty it will smoke like a train in a mountain pass!

I have a new update.
    This afternoon my check oil level light came on.
    Checked the oil, all was good.
    Restarted the truck and the light was gone.

Any ideas now???

trent
    2002 GMC 4X4 Crew-Cab D/A Ranch-hand Headacke Rack, Juice Chip (WOW),K&N Filter W/Swiss cheese air box\"Straight Piped\", APC 100w Super White high beams W/Quad lights