Thread: fuel additive

Question

as a newbie to this website and to the d/max what about a fuel additive. this in deference to the gm guy's who say it is not necessary. i have a product here recomended by a friend called meaner power kleaner made by howes lubricators. this is a canadian product. would appriciate any feedback on this issue.

verned

jbplock Guest

Verned,

Try searching the Duramax 6600 Forum for more info on fuel additives. This subject has been discussed at length so you will find a variety of opinions on additive usage. (Search button is in the upper right corner).

Also here is GM's official position on Diesel Fuel Additives

Stanadyne Performance Formula. Been using it for years with great success.

Ty
    2003 GMC 2500HD SLE EC SB D/A<br />ts587@yahoo.com

verned

Do your homework on this and then make up your mind. Pay attention to posts by George Morrison. He makes his living studying Diesel oil and fuel tests. His belief is to emulsify the water in fuel. Most of the big name products people swear by are demusifiers, exactly opposite of what he suggests.

He recommends something called Primrose, I can't get that here. I use the FPPF Total Power sold by John Kennedy at Kennedy Diesel. Read this for more info: www.fppf.com

i am reading anything i can find and doing my studying. thanks for the responses. i am checking out several of the suggestions.

Yes george morrison is a fuel expert and then some. he does recommend Primrose 405 and 409. if you ever get a chance to talk to him on the phone he will share his knowledge with you. very nice and professional guy, as many people here can attest to!

Read the lable, if it doesnt have all the same ingredients listed as in FPPF or Stanadyne, don't touch it.

good luck.
    GMC 2002 DURAMAX, SLT, EXCAB SHORT BOX 2500HD, 4X4, AUTO
    ACCESS TONNEAU COVER, 3" STAINLESS TUBE STEPS
    JORDAN BRAKE CONTROLLER
    34ft 10,000 lb TRAILER, 50 GAL TRANSFERE FLOW TANK (total 76 gals)