Thread: truck quits at top end.

i have no top end speed. i have good take off but when i get up to speed it dosn't speed up very good. is there a fix?
    2002 GMC 2500HD D/A 4X4 fire red SLT<p>tuff bedliner, gm nerf bars, bed extender, adrian steel tool box.<p>i am maxamized and juiced <br />straight piped banks 4in exhaust. K&N high flow air filter<br />autometer boost and EGT guages.<p>tmg115@hotmail.com<p>pics of my girl <a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/tmg115\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/tmg115</a>

What's up to speed????? Due you mean cruising say at 75 , toss down the GO peddle nuttin there? Or? You get to 97 and you got nuttin???? Welcome to the there goes another Mini Van, just blew my doors OFF, syndrome ...... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

MAC [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-29-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

no i mean on the track my truck is very quick off the line but when i get up to 50 it dosn't seem to strong.
    2002 GMC 2500HD D/A 4X4 fire red SLT<p>tuff bedliner, gm nerf bars, bed extender, adrian steel tool box.<p>i am maxamized and juiced <br />straight piped banks 4in exhaust. K&N high flow air filter<br />autometer boost and EGT guages.<p>tmg115@hotmail.com<p>pics of my girl <a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/tmg115\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/tmg115</a>

NutNbutGMC Guest

^...You're in deep Pooh Pooh if your racing a mini-van. LMFAO...

Is it still running at 50 MPH or just lugging or gettin' on down the road or what???? 97 MPH is all you're gonna' get at this time, unless you have 4 short-range spare wheels from a compact car. Some say this raises their top end to about 10X? I'm not buying that but each to their own... LOL...

Tell us more about this 50 MPH stall, please?

its not a stall. it like it is just not as strong as it is on take off. like my track speed was 89MPH

NutNbutGMC Guest

^....Run it (Allison) through the learning mode cycle. Retrain it to a stout run. Other than that, I wouldn't know, 'cept for maybe all of the mods you have listed have it weighted down considerably. Mdrag must really be hurtin'.....

maybe try checking the fuel filter. It might be clogged or dirty.

getupingo
    2002 Chevy 2500HD D/A CC LS Longbed 4x4 Pewter/Graphite (21 ft long). Inyati spray in bedliner with chrome bed rails and hide-a-hooks.<br />1979 Pontiac Trans AM (ok condition)<br />1967 Ford Mustang coupe (restored, too many go fast things to list)<br />2000 Weekend Warrior fifth wheel toy box 29ft<br />1998 Yamaha Banshee<br />1987 Honda 4trax 250r<br />2001 Yamaha Warrior<br />1999 Honda Recon

Seems to me what we might be talking about here is expectations. I believe the post 1/4 mile speeds were almost 90 MPH. Seems to me the truck is running quite well. These aren't dragsters. They weigh a lot and no matter how much HP you get from a product like the Juice you still aren't going to be running 100 MPH 1/4 miles.

NutNbutGMC Guest

Arrow

^...FirstDiesel, I think you're probably on the money here.

Mackin has the ONLY Duramax dragster around... Wait 'till his wife finds out how much his hobby costs.. LOL...

Lightbulb

I think the speed is extremly good, I had a 99
    5.3 gas extended cab w/3.73 gears that wouldn't run but 86 mph in the quarter and it was 1500 lbs lighter than my Dmax. If you could get a good launch out of it you would do a 15.95 to 16 flat in the quarter. If you want to go faster remove weight, 100 lbs = 1 tenth of a second, or build yourself a rear engined dragster and put your Duramax in it.
    Yeah, that's it, somebody needs to build a Dmax diesel dragster!
    Joe