Thread: Need reference for GM parts

I'm starting a restoration on my '92 Chev C6P reg cab. I'm going to need a lot of help with GM parts #s so I can get online discounts instead of getting soaked at the Chevy dealership parts counter. Does anyone know if I can get a Chevrolet parts book, or better yet, a parts CD, like what is used at the dealership?
    Thanks,
    Mick
    DP member #38 1992 Chev K2500 RPO C6P 6.5TD 150K miles
    2014 John Deere 1025R

Go to LMC Truck and order a cataloge for your truck year and make. They carry almost any part you will need for your restoration and their prices are well below Stealer Prices. LMC Truck Hompage
    1997, C2500, excab, SB, 6.5TD (L56), 130,000 miles.<br />DSG Gear Set, Kennedy 3.5" Exhaust System, Killed the Cat.

tom.mcinerney Guest

Some members have found that their local dealers will offer a better price (compromise) if you bring them a printout of an online price quote, with shipping, etc. Can't hurt...

damork Guest

Try this location:

http://www.teamchev.com

I started with them in 2001 and have had great service and pricing. Last purchase was almost a year ago from partsman named Gale, bought a PMD for $210 delivered. I don't recall the cutoff for free shipping but believe it was over $200.

Cool

I use the ACDelco website to get my part numbers.
    www.acdelco.com

Marty Lau Guest

If your doing total restore subscribe to ALLData.com DIY site it's the same info dealer use they have parts and procedures and list prices of parts and flat rate times which I usally double or triple to give me an idea of how long it will take me as a klutz to get something done. It's $25 for first vehical and like $15 for addional. See if you can find out where the ACDelco warehouse is near you sometimes they have a parts counter and will sell to anyone, the one here many times is very close to GMparts dirrect and I can usally walk out with the part or get it next day.