Thread: Try this and help me!!

Everybody go out and crank up your truck and apply the brake pretty hard and start turning the steering wheel. See if it becomes hard to turn near its furtherest left and right positions. Dealer has replaced my power steering pump and the Hydra-booster. Not fixed, new one on lot does it too.
    Todd Eldridge<br />2002 2500HD Crew 4x4 zf 6sp<br />Stanadyne FM-100 additional fuel filter<br />Flo-Pro Muffler<br />Summit White <br />Fender flares painted to match<br />GMC side molding<br />SS Nerf Bars<br />e-mail todd.eldridge@cnet.navy.mil

Question

Well OF COURSE! When the front wheels turn, they don't just pivot in one spot, they actually have to roll a bit if the truck isn't moving (the tire will travel through a short arc). With the brakes locked up, it's GONNA get hard when you get close to full lock, regardless of whether or not it has a new booster/pump. Do this enough times, and you'll need some new steering components, too!
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic SLT K3500 CC DRW.
    19.5" Alcoas with 245/70R19.5 Goodyear treads, AFE 5" exhaust, Edge Attitude CTS, AMP Powersteps, Bilstein 5100's

Talking

Hey Doc! It hurts when I do this . . . . .

Well...Don't do that...That will be $1,000.00, I take all major credit cards, but like cash better.
    Mike<BR>Laredo, TX<BR>2001, 3500, CC, D/A, 4X4, LS, Leather, K&N

mdrag Guest

Cool

Moving topic to 2500HD/3500 TRUCKS & DRIVETRAIN forum.