Thread: A Chevy Duramax and a spare Chevy Duramax

Marty Lau Guest

The other day where I fuel up there was a nice red extended cab Durabux truck, what I found humorous was that the truck was pulling a trailer which had an identical NEW Durabux truck on it. I turned to my buddy who is an aircraft mechnic and said look it that a Chevy and a spare Chevy. He laughed as in the aviation business when you have unreliable equipment to have dual redunacy. Hmmm what concept take your spare rig with you in case of break down! I believe in spares, I have a birddog and a spare birddog. When I go hunting I take a spare gun along.

Got a spare sense of humor?
    You'll need it, because the spitballs at the Duramax ain't stickin' much anymore!
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic SLT K3500 CC DRW.
    19.5" Alcoas with 245/70R19.5 Goodyear treads, AFE 5" exhaust, Edge Attitude CTS, AMP Powersteps, Bilstein 5100's

He liked it so much he bought two!

Most likely they were delivering both trucks. Often you see a tractor (truck) with two or three straddled on the back when being delivered.

I understand that when the Powerjokers buy a spare its a Dmax......
    2002 Chev 2500HD, D-Max/Alli, X-Cab Short Box, LT, Black/Graphite, Hot Juice from JK, Back Country steps, Michelin LTX. Not sure if its a mid-life crisis or second childhood but it sure is fun.

Talking

Ah 16ga, come on, not in Montana?

Didju get pictures?

Gben
    02 GMC 2500HD D/A CC4x4-DP\'s Modified HiIdle-JK\'s 5th Gear Lockout-CntrlCaDmax Stanadyne system-Cat 2mic Filter <br />99 Chv Tahoe 4x4 5.7 <br />93 GMC Sub 4x4 5.7 <br />genbenz@starband.net <br />Every 5Mins Americans Defends themselves With What? Click! Click!

A
    brokers sighting? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    2001 ext cab shortbox 4x4 2500HD D/A.

Talking

Kind of reminds me of this picture:

Toyota with a FORD for a backup....
    2003 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Long Box DURAMAX/ALLISON:<br />Line-X Bedliner, Curt Pop-up Gooseneck ball, bug shield, Mapp Stainless Steel running boards.<br />2001 Polaris Sportsman 500 High Output with K&N Filtercharger.<br />Merceded 300D I-5 Turbo Diesel (best diesel ever manufactured IMHO)

I keep the 6.0L '01 on the left around just in case the '03 D/A on the right craps out

Just joking. Cost me about $7k to do the switch.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD EC SB 4x4 D/A, Jordan 2020 Brake Controller,<br />Transfer Flow 45 Gal., Reese 16k FW hitch, 2001 Sunnybrook 27RKFS FW

Marty Lau Guest

Cool

AH come on GMC Dmax don't take things so serrious, if I was in the market for a new Diesel pickup it would be a Durabux! Too much crap going with the Powersmoke and don't want to keep a Chiropractor busy with a Dodge! I'm sure the guy was hauling it for a dealer or he was a broker or something. I would have loved to have either one. In fact a buddy came up to my place this weekend with his very pretty Black Durabux truck and we hooked it up to a flat bed trailer with a thousand gallon water tank and went and picked up a load of water............Nice very nice job sure puts my 6.5TD to shame

Now if I could only find a spare $40,000 bucks I better start buying Powerball tickets again!!!

16Ga,
    Your Aircraft buddy is completely and totally incorrect about redundant systems on aircraft.
    Those redundant systems are there to save your life. It's damn hard to just pull over at 35000 ft.
    GMC 3500 DMAX/Allison<br />03 36ft Mobile Suite<br />75 31ft Airstream<br />00 TJ Wrangler

Marty Lau Guest

Wushaw;
    ummmm you are partly correct about aircraft. However I was a professional Pilot for 10 years and 5 years was on all weather frieght run through the mountains and I have more flight hours than most Military pilot retire with. My buddy has been an A&P & AI for about 25 years and I stand by my orginal statement alot of Aircraft parts are not very reliable. In particular Aircraft under 12,500 lbs. Rotor wings are worse than fixed winged aircraft. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    And the FAA will alow manufactures not have redundant systems if they can prove a certain level of reliablity. (ei C-P210) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

16Ga,
    I didn't know you were only talking about puddle jumpers. Yes I agree Puddle jumpers are more like an automobile since several components are made by automotive manufactures. But the good thing about the smaller aircraft is they have a whole lot better glide ratio so you have a chance at landing a little smoother than a DC-9,737 type.
    GMC 3500 DMAX/Allison<br />03 36ft Mobile Suite<br />75 31ft Airstream<br />00 TJ Wrangler