Thread: pre turbo guage???

wont it void the warenty on the turbo since you drill into the housing?
    2002 GMC 2500HD D/A 4X4 fire red SLT<p>tuff bedliner, gm nerf bars, bed extender, adrian steel tool box.<p>i am maxamized and juiced <br />straight piped banks 4in exhaust. K&N high flow air filter<br />autometer boost and EGT guages.<p>tmg115@hotmail.com<p>pics of my girl <a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/tmg115\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/tmg115</a>

i am assuming you are meaning pre turbo egt. no, this will not void the turbo warrenty. you don't drill the turbo, you drill the manifold.

***edit***

hmm, i just read your sig. you already have an egt gauge. what exactly do you mean by your post?

[ 07-11-2002: Message edited by: NickLeinonen ]</p>
    nick leinonen<br /><br />current ride - 2003 ram 1500 quad shortie 4.7 hand shaker - <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/nickleinonen\" target=\"_blank\">pictures</a>

i havn't put it on yet. so i didn't drill the turbo

but since you drill the manafold you would think that would Void the warrenty. you know how dealers are.
    2002 GMC 2500HD D/A 4X4 fire red SLT<p>tuff bedliner, gm nerf bars, bed extender, adrian steel tool box.<p>i am maxamized and juiced <br />straight piped banks 4in exhaust. K&N high flow air filter<br />autometer boost and EGT guages.<p>tmg115@hotmail.com<p>pics of my girl <a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/tmg115\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/tmg115</a>

tmg115,

If your manifold was or cracked ,highly unlikely,they would.... Or if they found a metal chip from the manifold some where ,highly unlikely, then they would ...... So drill like a mad man all ready.......Just follow the instructions posted here and you all will be fine.......

MAC

mdrag Guest

Cool

tmg115,

"but since you drill the manafold you would think that would Void the warrenty. you know how dealers are."

Maybe if you cracked the exhaust manifold as a result of your drilling and tapping....or if the temp probe broke off - it could trash your turbo impeller blades...I would imagine if something like this happend - you're on your own.

I installed my EGT probe pre-turbo on the PS, immediately rearward of the exhaust manifold flange, where the exhaust makes a 90 degree bend. The metal is thin, but surprisingly I managed to tap it - and it seemed like a good tight install. I added a stainless band clamp just to be safe. You could use a clamp on probe at this location instead, and avoid drilling the manifold.

Hoot has the same SPA DG-111 gauge/probe set up - but he mounted the EGT probe in the exhaust manifold. I've compared my numbers to his posts - and they appear to be the same.

Today, before starting the truck, the EGT showed a steady 88 degrees (it had been parked for two days in the garage). I checked the air temp in the garage with two different thermometers - one read 89 degrees and the other 92 degrees - they're all close enough for me.