Thread: Replace Muffler with Straight Pipe

Anyone done this. Can you get a bolt on 3.5" pipe with not welding. I don't want to spent the money on a full exaust when it already breathes good-muffler. Are there any replacement mufflers out there that are bolt on?
    2002 2500HD LT D/A Ext Cab 4x4. Black/Black, BFG Mud T/A\'s 255/85/16. Juiced!! VA SmartBox w/Switch for sale. +70hp/120ft.lbs.

The factory system is welded. I just had a Flo-Pro muffler put on yesterday. It's very close to the same size as the factory. A little louder.

Flowmaster and jk makes good mufflers that just weld in place of the stock unit. At one time I thought about hacking my muffler off and getting some 3.5 flex and those good clamps and doing it that way but still havent done anything.
    Forrest green Dmax crew cab,B&W turnover ball hitch,Drawtight activatorII brake controler,PPE\'s modified 120hp PCM,duramaximiser,K&N filter,front replacement winch bumper,warn HS9500i winch,285 dueler M/T\'s, see pics at <a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/pullinpower01\" target=\"_blank\">http://photos.yahoo.com/pullinpower01</a> <br />02\'grizz 660

Thumbs up

in response to the topic posted.
    i did cut out the factory muffler and replaced with 2 mandrel bent pieces to form an "S" like shape. oh and added a 5" polished chrome tip 12"long! to megaphone the sound.

I went the straight pipe route, and just this week I ordered a kit from Kennedy. The straight pipe is extremely loud outside the truck. I decided that it was time to tone down the beast. All those goofy *** cars with wierd exhaust would run and hide from this screaming animal. It sounded like a concrete truck on crack. Just my .02
    2001 Silverado 2500HD CC Dmax 6spd<br />TST PowerMax<br />Forum #1321 Sold

1994 GMC Suburban K2500 6.5

2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.6

I too have the flo-pro muffler. It is nearly a direct replacement. Had a muffler shop here order it and put it on. The total was about $160. Don't know if any of it does any good. Not too loud though.
    Todd Eldridge<br />2002 2500HD Crew 4x4 zf 6sp<br />Stanadyne FM-100 additional fuel filter<br />Flo-Pro Muffler<br />Summit White <br />Fender flares painted to match<br />GMC side molding<br />SS Nerf Bars<br />e-mail todd.eldridge@cnet.navy.mil

When I had my HD straight piped all they did is mandrel bend a 3.5" piece to fit and weld it on, no hassles. I kept the muffler and piece of pipe just in case.