Thread: Blown Turbo

Been reading this website for about a year and a half and wanted to thank all the members for some great info. Just wondering if anyone else has had their turbo go out on their DMAX. Mine went out at around 7500 miles. Doesn't bother me talked to our svc mgr said it was probably a fluke. I have 22k on it now and haven't had any other problems other than the steering box being replaced at 16k.
    2001 2500HD D/A CC RED LT SWB D/A Ranch Hand front and rear
    305/70 16 Wrangler AT/S, Catch-All mats

I have never heard of another problem of any kind with the turbocharger.
    Tim<br />\'01 GMC 2500HD, regular cab, Duramax/Allison

TXDMAX,
    What happened to the steering box? I have heard of no problems concerning either.

Bob
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A, CC/SB,<br />Olympic White, *Manik SS brush guard and nerfs, *Hella driving lamps, Velvet rides, *HD Air Lifts and Compressor, *Snugtop bed cover, *Linex, *Yakima rails on cover (mt.bikes), *Amsoil 2 stage airfilter. *Pioneer XM Radio. *SUBSTANTIALLY upgraded speakers,<br />Amp and Sub. *One piece drive shaft. *Mag-Hytec diff.cover, <br />*43 gal across the bed aux.tank (American Tank), *Lucerix pwr / heated mirrors, *Allison deep pan and transyd, *Street Pilot III GPS. *Suburban-type lighted <br />double sun visors, homelink system,steering wheel stereo controls, *Kennedy