Thread: Failing FSD

BUZZ Guest

I have yet another failing FSD, after only 6 months. This FSD has been nounted on a cooler and out of the engine compartment since new. Sets a solid code 35 when you are on the fuel. I swapped out this driver with one that likes to no start sometimes and the 35 goes away. I guess if Sol d has one in stock I will buy this week. I am towing to PA this Friday and had rather not have a weak FSD, also had rather not drop another 250 on a factory module. All you Sol d owners still like your BOX?
    thanks
    Buzz

MTTwister Guest

Buzz - while you have it off and in-hand, did you check the tightness of the transistor mounting nuts? ( Finger tight + 1/8 of a turn).

BUZZ Guest

I did check the nuts and they were not snug at all. Tightened them and no change. Cleaned and checked all grounds before I swapped the drivers.
    Coulda woulda shoulda saved 250.00 6 months ago.
    Oh well, it happens
    Buzz

Just wondering what did you use to seal to the heat sink.

Barry Nave Guest

Go for the SOL-D. Mine is getting the summer work out now. My old fsd would give code 35 also. Have it as a back up though I'm sure I won't be using it any time soon.
    Got a code 36 the other day running on low fuel and it was hot. Has not returned. IP is into the 90k mark.

BUZZ Guest

I did buy the SOL D and just returned from a trip to PA towing the 28 foot Jayco. Truck ran great. No codes no problems.
    Buzz