Thread: Who here is running a straight pipe, (Pros & Cons)

Im going to straight pipe my truck with the stock system. Is this going to work instead of a 4" system, and how loud will it be. I dont want it loud. Pros and cons. Who makes the juice and where to buy it.
    2003 3500 DURAMAX ALLISON CREW CAB DUALLY, LEATHER, DVD, LOADED, EVERY OPTION, FIRE RED. WESTIN NERF BARS, BLUE HEADLIGHTS, DEEZEE 5TH WHEEL BOX, 2000 WATT STEREO SYSTEM, K&N. <p>1985 TOYOTA TRUCK, FULL BLOWN CHEVY 350 V8, DUAL 4 BRL EDELBROCKS ON A 6-71 WEIAND. RUNNING ON METHANE. 625+ HP. REAR DANA 70 WITH DISK BRAKES, 60 FRONT, WELDED & LOCKED, 44\"BOGGERS, FULL HYDRAULIC STEERING, RADIATOR IN BED, TILT FRONTEND, W9000I ( YES IT IS BUILT MOSTLY FOR ROCKCRAWLING, WITH A LITTLE EXTRA HP ).<p>1985 CAMARO Z28 WITH A VETT L98 TUNED PORT INJECTED MOTOR (WIFES CAR)<p>1988 PRO STOCK CAMARO IN THE WORKS<br />AND SOME OTHER TOYS.<br />www.4x4realm.com <br />shad@4x4realm.com <br />shadsdually@myonstar.com

Mine has been straight piped for a couple of years. OK at idle.
    Loud under load.

Try the search feature of this site and search straight pipe and juice.

imported_ Guest

What Hoot said, I found it got louder with the juice. It really barks. You don't realize it until you stand on the curb and let a friend do a full throttle pass by you. I try and be considerate to those standing at the bus stop

I did mine with flex tube, band clamps and muffler goop. Total cost $26 Dropped my egts by 100 degrees while cruising at 70mph

I love it

I can just repeat what the others have said, It's sounds good until you get on it, then it gets on the loud side [img]smile.gif[/img]
    2003 Ram 2500 SLT 4x4 QC/SB 5.9HO Cummins 48RE<br />Stock (SO FAR!)

Ditto that. I did exactly what Big Blue did. I love the way it sounds. Don't know about egt's cause I don't have a set of gauges yet. At idle it's not bad and running around it's ok too. Towing, especially with an enclosed trailer (livestock or 5er) it can be loud. Basically it's a matter of preference. Some like it loud and others don't. Cruising at interstate speeds can be loud if you aren't used to it.

Reb [&gt;&lt;]
    My Ride: \'01 Chevy Extended Cab Short Bed 4x4 LS Duramax/Allison, Juice 4.61 and some otehr goodies.<br /><br />New Toy: \'03 Mustang GT 5-speed, cold air intake. It\'s a fun toy but it\'s not a diesel.

Duramonster, I left you a reply on the straight pipe in (for those with juice)...I haden't gotten to this thread yet..See ya
    03 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax Allison.

Thats what I wanted to know. Thanxs.
    2003 3500 DURAMAX ALLISON CREW CAB DUALLY, LEATHER, DVD, LOADED, EVERY OPTION, FIRE RED. WESTIN NERF BARS, BLUE HEADLIGHTS, DEEZEE 5TH WHEEL BOX, 2000 WATT STEREO SYSTEM, K&N. <p>1985 TOYOTA TRUCK, FULL BLOWN CHEVY 350 V8, DUAL 4 BRL EDELBROCKS ON A 6-71 WEIAND. RUNNING ON METHANE. 625+ HP. REAR DANA 70 WITH DISK BRAKES, 60 FRONT, WELDED & LOCKED, 44\"BOGGERS, FULL HYDRAULIC STEERING, RADIATOR IN BED, TILT FRONTEND, W9000I ( YES IT IS BUILT MOSTLY FOR ROCKCRAWLING, WITH A LITTLE EXTRA HP ).<p>1985 CAMARO Z28 WITH A VETT L98 TUNED PORT INJECTED MOTOR (WIFES CAR)<p>1988 PRO STOCK CAMARO IN THE WORKS<br />AND SOME OTHER TOYS.<br />www.4x4realm.com <br />shad@4x4realm.com <br />shadsdually@myonstar.com