Thread: Fuel storage Question

Question

Just changed employers two weeks ago, so I don't drive the D/A nearly as much. (Take the Train and drive the little car, D/A won't fit in the parking garage very well) Any how.....I had some extra fuel in two new 5 gal. containers from my camping trip. (3 weeks in new containers) How long can I store xtra fuel w/o the worry of algie build up? I put it in the truck today so should I refill the containers to keep them clean/algie free?
    2001 GMC 2500HD CREW CAB 4X4 D/A Lucerix X-Mount, Fumoto Valve, 100% Amsoil,
    Leer High Rise Cap
    Discover America in a D/A!
    2003 Cougar 30' T/T SOLD!
    JD 2210
    1987 Corvette
    Member #4307

I wouldn't worry about it. If you keep these containers sealed and inside, since they are empty, I don't see how you could grow any algae to be a future problem. I run diesel in a JD tractor that is more than a year old. It's stored in a tank under a shed.
    2001 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 D/A LS Regular Cab Una-Goose Hitch, Line-X, Westin CP/SS Nerf Bars, Lucerix Mirrors. Took delivery 12/8/00. Virginia DURAMAX plates.

They make an additive that kills algea in diesel, don't know what it is but it has to be added to all diesel that goes to our nuc plant for the emergency diesels.
    Joe