Thread: my truck died

we were fishing in south dakota the other day, in the morning the truck started fine, went to eat, i let it run and when we headed out of town about 2 miles it quit. it blow the fuse. the dealer started running the codes and tests, about half way though the test, it started and ran fine. they think it could be e.c.m., but do not know for sure. At $700 bucks, its a chance. Any thing like this happen to any one else? Would like to fine out more, i dont like the idea that it could stop at any time. Its run fine for 3 days now. thanks ken
    Are we having fun yet???????

What fuse blew?
    The fuse probably was working, and did its job. The Dealer did nothing, and you probably still have a problem, waiting to happen again.
    02 Chev 2500HD Dmax/Allison X Cab LB 4WD
    Attitude, Monster Exhaust with Big Head, Michelin 265/75/16E LTX M/S on Alcoa Classics for summer hauling, Cooper Discover 238/85/16E M/S on PYO's for winter, B&W Goose Hitch with Companion 5th Wheel, Highway Products Tool Chest, Jordan Ultima 2020, Frederico sway bars front & rear, Air Lift SD Bags

Talking

after much tracking, phone calls, and one very knowable person,( not me) i have found out what was blowing the fuse. there was only 5 things that are on that one fuse. the heater for the fuel filter had a short in it. it worked fine for awhile then on a cold mornings when after it warmed up it, would not kick out, over load the fuse, blow and the truck would quit. if you replaced the fuse and try starting it blow the fuse, let it set for 5 hours or more the computer reset it self and it would start. it just took time and the process of eliminate to find it. not much fun walking when its -35 wind chill, a driving factor in finding the problem
    Are we having fun yet???????