Thread: Factory fuel tank have a fuel return tube to the bottum of tank?

Does anyone know if the factory fuel tank contains a fuel return tube to the bottom of the tank?

I was told by a Baldwin rep. that diesel fuel should not be simply returned into the top of the tank because it allows the fuel to aerate. This added air can then separate in the fuel system and cause problems. He mentioned that most factory tanks have a fuel return tube that ends near the bottom of the tank to prevent aeration of the fuel.
    Jim Cobler<br />01 GMC Sierra CC 2500HD Short Bed, 2 WD,Duramax/Allison, frame mounted pre-filter, bed fuel tank with a re-circulating pump that draws from the botton of tank through a water separating/filter into other end of tank with return tubes.

Kennedy Guest

It's kinda like a bidet (sp?) in that it squirts upwards inside the bowl. If the fuel level is below the top of the bowl, it then hits the ceiling and fills the cup trickling back down to the pickup. It seems to be kind of a balancing act as the entire time, there is still fuel being drawn into this bowl as well.

Suffice to say, it's like drinking from the toilet while you are filling it...

I altered mine and am unhappy with the results so I'll likely order a new one and snap some pics.