Thread: LLY

Thumbs up

Looking at my order conformation sheet it has the LLY code and LRX code below it.LLY must be de-tuned to 300 HP and 520 ft.lbs. of torque for the MDT.TPW is 2/23/04..............JB
    2001 2500HD 6.6 4x4,Charcoal Gray w/Graphite interior.First diesel in 36 driving years!Truck was built on my birhtday in April.

Tractor Guest

Question

Why would they detune the LLY, in a truck that is heavier built from end to end. That is when you compare it to a pickup.
    TRACTOR

There is always a trade off for more power. The more power you have the shorter life your engine will have.

Most people who buy medium duty trucks want longevity. That is why they are detuned for this application.
    Member #4883
    My diesels
    97 Chevy C-3500 Dually, 6.5TD
    85 VW Jetta 1.6L N/A
    85 Mercedes Benz 190D 2.2 N/A
    85 Surburban 2500 4x4 6.2 N/A
    83 Chevy G-30 Van 6.2 N/A

Tractor Guest

Wink

D-MAXMAN
    I understand what you are saying, and agree with you. But in todays quick changing diesel market, can GM afford to do that and still keep up with the other diesels? Yea D-MAXMAN I,am the dude at the DURAMAX plant that had my picture taken with you and a few others that was on the front page of the Dayton, Ohio paper as we looked at the Pikes Peak hill climb truck. I remember asking you how much boost, horsepower,and torgue that engine had. But as you looked at your boss he told you that you could not tell me that. HAHA... What a great Rendezvous that was in 2001.
    TRACTOR