Thread: 2003 optional cab lights

Question

I mentioned the problems with the 2001-2002 leaking cab lights to my dealer and he immediately knew what I was talking about, but didn't know if there were any changes for the 2003 trucks.

Since I have cab lights on my truck (waiting patiently for me until Saturday morning) has anyone heard of any changes that GM has done to fix any leakage problems? Or should I take them off and reseal them and then re-install?
    <b>2003 GMC 2500HD D/A SLT 4x4 CC LB! (Polo Green) </b><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/53238125hQAlYl\" target=\"_blank\"><i>PICS HERE</i></a>

I have an '03 and after three days of rain, and several hard downpours, I had no leakage (fingers crossed). I don't know if they changed anything, though.
    TxDoc's Photos
    Member #5547

hi, the leaks were only on 100-200 vin series trucks,i happen to be in that vin series and mine dousen't leak,it was only for trucks built late sept-early oct as i remember
    2- 2002, 3500 cc 4x2 duramax/allisions lt 1-black 1- red ,juiced,westin tubes, husky mudflaps,custom made air scoop for allision trans,

fred,

I believe you are correct. My truck was built in November and was not in the suspect VIN range. My truck is almost 1 year old and no leaks yet!

MaxRock
    \'02 2500HD, DMAX/ZF-6, LS, Onyx Black, CC/LB, 2WD, G80 Locker<br /><b>New Mods:</b><br />255x85-16 Dunlop Radial AT, Go Rhino WTW, Line-X Bedliner, factory bed Rail Caps, Bug Deflector II Hood protection<br /><b>Future Mods:</b><br />EGT/Boost gauges, exhaust