Thread: scratches in clear coat

Question

Guys, what is the best product to hide scratches in the clear coat. The wife took my truck to a week long horse show in Montana and when she came back the wheel wells on the duallies were all scratched up like she was loading & unloading from the side. Ofcourse she denies it but she may have been using the hump as a step to hook up the goose neck. I won't even mention what condition the interior came back in.

If you are willing to go the "Zaino" route. Go to the www.zainostore.com

They make one of the best scratch removers made. Almost ALL other scratch removers blend the larger scratch in with much smaller scratches, knocking the sharp edge off the big scratch so it wont show as much.

Zaino scratch remover
    2003 GMC Sierra D/A 2500HD CC 4x4 Carbon Metallic
    K&N
    285/75R Bridgestone REVO's
    Kennedy 4" Exhaust
    Zaino Polish CB WESTIN STEPS
    MY PICTURES

mdrag Guest

Cool

markf,

I've had great results using MEGUIARS number 9 (Swirl Remover) or number 7 (Show Car Glaze) to remove fine scratches in the paint.

BTW, I've seen Meguiars products used in more than one professional body and paint shop, and high dollar fern' car dealerships.

I'll have to check my '32 Roadster for those 1000's of small scratches

Originally posted by markf:
    Guys, what is the best product to hide scratches in the clear coat. The wife took my truck to a week long horse show in Montana and when she came back the wheel wells on the duallies were all scratched up like she was loading & unloading from the side. Ofcourse she denies it but she may have been using the hump as a step to hook up the goose neck. I won't even mention what condition the interior came back in.
    Get some good old NO 7 polish. It works awesome.

Special Delivered some today to a friend. Cost me some jing$$$$$$, had two other stops to make.

One I should have stayed at, oh well another story.

Hey, Jesse, notice anything in my SIG, LOL

GMC
    <b>\'02 2500HD - 435 RWHP/774 LB-FT on #2 ONLY..<br />HOT Juice,VA Box,Predator,AFE Stage II,Banks 4\"<br />RS9000\'s,Deep Pan,H2\'s & Pro-Comp 33\"<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/gmc2002dmax\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a><br /><a href=\"mailto:gmc2002duramax@earthlink.net\">gmc20 02duramax@earthlink.net</a></b>

You guys got clear coats? At the rate the paint chips I feel they used a light mister instead of a sprayer much less a clear coat. I'll be happy if my truck has one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

LA DMAX
    2002 GMC 2500HD SLT 4X4 DMAX/ALLI CC/SB G80, loaded. Pewter/Pewter<br />Add ons: Line-x, Star shield, catch alls, Transynd.

I finnaly got my Zaino order (you can order online now) and there #5 for swirl marks really works. I had some swril marks all over the truck after the dealer ran it through there in house car wash and somefine scratches on the hood from shoving all the snow off this winter and the Zaino got rid of all of it in one application. Not to mention the wonderful shine.
    Steve
    2003 Sierra 2500HD Dmax/zf6 SB Xcab Carbon Metalic Westin grill guard and nerf bars

Originally posted by bigsky1:
    I finnaly got my Zaino order (you can order online now) and there #5 for swirl marks really works. I had some swril marks all over the truck after the dealer ran it through there in house car wash and somefine scratches on the hood from shoving all the snow off this winter and the Zaino got rid of all of it in one application. Not to mention the wonderful shine.
    Steve
    Finally online orders, placed mine the other day ...... They finally buckled ..... Way back when I had a conversation with one of the Brothers and he was dead set against MC and Visa sales ..... What give them a percentage ??? No &*^%$%&*&*) **&^ way, was his quote .....

I guess they felt they were losing to much or received to many bad checks .....

Think I'll call and ask when they'll take the mother of all percentage snatchers, AMEX .....

These guys started selling at swap meets,car shows and local races so the story goes ..... Friend of mine gave me a sample (s) 5 years ago (?) been hooked ever sense .....Good stuff .....

Mac

Thanks for the information everybody. I went ahead and placed a order for the Zaino Show Kit which includes the #5 swirl wax.

2002 GMC 3500 CC D/A 4x4

Oh...the dreaded dealer wash! Man I always have to tell them ahead, no wash please. Even at that , one time I just barely saved it from murky water grity sponge!
    02\'LT CC/SB D/A Grey/Graphite W/Everything. Modern Python Wheels,Line-X,Putco 4\" SS nerfs,Lucerix mirrors,Amsoil air filter,Husky Liners,EGR carbon fiber B/guard,APC carbon fiber Euro Tails,APC clear corners,Husky splash guards,GMC bright side moldings,Kennedys\' 70-100W headlight harness, PIAA air dam and 520 ion crystal fogs,Draw-Tite class v receiver,Bilsteins,Fumoto, HOT Juice,Banks 4\",BD exhaust brake,O.D. lockout,Autometer Phantom guages,Escalade bezel and guage cluster,Sound system to compliment this fine truck,Many #\'s of sound deadener,100% transynd,all else Amsoil,Zaino stuff inside and out.####UNDERSTANDING WIFE! *01\' Nordic Fox 27F TT * 01\' Pro-Circuit YZ 250 <a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/darrell3\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>