Thread: need you help guys

rob1681 Guest

I'm looking at a 1997 chevy 6.5L turbo automatic trans that has 162,000 miles on it,the truck drives great lots of power....the guy even let me take the truck home.the only thing that is wrong is that the oil pan or the rear main seal is looking(the guy told me this before i even looked)he wants $4,200.00 firm.do you guys think i shoud buy?

GMC Hauler Guest

The oil pans are common leaks. Also, the oil cooler lines could be leaking and making it look like an oil pan leak.

You should go to the GM dealer with the VIN and have them print up a history report on repairs on the vehicle. Knowing when the injection pump/injectors were last replaced can be real helpful.

mhagie Guest

On the surface the price looks appealing,if its everthing he says it is then its a bargin.
    If it is a silverado, that helps, if its a work truck then it could be borderline.
    Merle

rob1681 Guest

Thanks for the replys ,it was a work truck the old guy used it to pull a 4 horse trailer . it is a silverado with leather and all the bells.he also showed me were the injector pump was changed at 100,000 miles.he also told me he has never had any problem with the fsd.

If you have the funds,would be a good buy.
    2005 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax CC SB 30,000 miles.
    1994 GMC 2500 Suburban 6.5 TD 210,000 miles.
    1983 Mercedes 300 D Turbo Diesel 150,000 miles.
    1991 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite XL 30 foot.