Thread: Bug shield?? Splash Guards??

New 2500 CC 4x4. Love the truck. Need a bug shield. Anyone have any thoughts about the Lund Interceptor model? Does it make a whistling noise? Does it look good? Screw on or 3M ? Any other suggestions?

How about the splash guards?? Any preferences ? (the truck has the factory flares on it BTW)

Thanks for the info. Read LOTS gere before I decided to buy the truck. Only been one day, but I love it so far. Can't wait for towing, I mean, camping season to start :~>

greg

I've got a Lund Interceptor on my truck and I can say that I haven't noticed the wind noise that others have described. GM had the good sense to put holes in the lip of the hood for attaching bug shields. Lund supplied small, threaded plastic inserts that snap into the holes. Screws hold the bug shield on. Couldn't have taken more than 5-10 minutes to install.

I also have the Husky mud flaps on the truck. Only difficulty was installing the rear flaps. They require drilling one hole on each side. Very hard to do without taking the tire off. I used a right angle attachment on my dremel tool to drill the hole.

NutNbutGMC Guest

^.......I have a very low profile Lund and Kaydenco flaps. Pics of the flaps on the link in my sig line.

I have the EGR in the carbon fiber. Well built and looks good with the grey. I also have the Huskey flaps. I opted not to drill the holes for the bottom rear flaps, just added another closer to the middle (no right angle tool) and is plenty strong.
    02\'LT CC/SB D/A Grey/Graphite W/Everything. Modern Python Wheels,Line-X,Putco 4\" SS nerfs,Lucerix mirrors,Amsoil air filter,Husky Liners,EGR carbon fiber B/guard,APC carbon fiber Euro Tails,APC clear corners,Husky splash guards,GMC bright side moldings,Kennedys\' 70-100W headlight harness, PIAA air dam and 520 ion crystal fogs,Draw-Tite class v receiver,Bilsteins,Fumoto, HOT Juice,Banks 4\",BD exhaust brake,O.D. lockout,Autometer Phantom guages,Escalade bezel and guage cluster,Sound system to compliment this fine truck,Many #\'s of sound deadener,100% transynd,all else Amsoil,Zaino stuff inside and out.####UNDERSTANDING WIFE! *01\' Nordic Fox 27F TT * 01\' Pro-Circuit YZ 250 <a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/darrell3\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>

Lund low pro, love the looks and it's quiet, no wind noise at all. Very happy with the product. I have DeeZee aluminum bright tread mud guards, they have good coverage and look great. Check sig for pics.