Thread: Question for mdrag

Question

How did you remove the trim piece that goes around the tape player? I removed the two screws in the cd compartment, but the top is still attached somehow. I have a tendancy to break things when I don't know what I'm doing.
    Thanks,

Bob
    2002 GMC3500 SLT ec/lb d/a<br />Pewter Go-Rhino w-w stepbars<br />Rhino liner Prodigy Reese 15k<br />CIPA power mirrors xm radio<br />Bob Riley wheel sims<br />Husky mud flaps <br />Sunnybrook 30RKFS<br />Mitsubishi 4800 generator

mdrag Guest

Cool

bigbobed,

You found the two screws in the CD compartment. At each outside edge of the flat portion of the trim piece (the ledge below the three 12V outlets) there is a plastic tab - a total of two, one on each side.

I lifted up from the bottom of the trim piece (slightly tilt it out) and get a finger under one of the sides - it should just pop out. It takes more coaxing the first time. Just don't twist too much or you could break off one of the tabs.

mdrag

Thanks

I figured it would be that way, but I sure feel better hearing it from someone that has been there done that.
    2002 GMC3500 SLT ec/lb d/a<br />Pewter Go-Rhino w-w stepbars<br />Rhino liner Prodigy Reese 15k<br />CIPA power mirrors xm radio<br />Bob Riley wheel sims<br />Husky mud flaps <br />Sunnybrook 30RKFS<br />Mitsubishi 4800 generator

Wink

You mean someone who's been everywhere and done all of it

mdrag Guest

Cool

Perverts ! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    2001 2500HD LS Ext.Cab,short bed,D-max,Allison, Onyx black w/graphite int,16X8 Eagle Alloys, Leer 700 Bed cover, Western Ultra-Mount Plow <a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/stretch\" target=\"_blank\">pictures</a><br />2001 Polaris Sportsman 500HO<br />2000 HD Ultra Classic