Thread: Mdrag's next mod?

Talking

http://www.cleargearz.com/

Is it just me, or is this a really dumb idea? Hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes by saying that.
    \'01 2500HD D/A CC SWB 4X4<br />Plain old white<br />Linex Bedliner<br />Husky Liners/Mudflaps<br />Kennedy\'s Headlight Harness<br />Black Westin WTW bars<br />255/85 Trxus MT\'s<br />GO HOGS plate on front

Cool

Looks cool.

Not sure I would trust the statement
    DP #7384 <p>2002 Silverado LT 4WD Crew Cab<br />Duramax 6600 <br />Allison 5SPD Auto<br />Dark Carmine Red Metallic Paint<br />Graphite Leather Interior<br />Reese 5er Hitch<br />2003 Montana 34\', 5er<br />Banks SS 4\" Monster Exhaust<br />Rino Liner

I don't know, that "indestructable" movie looks fishy. The guy is slamming it with a hammer and it's not budging an inch. The way he's hitting it I would at least thought the whole thing would move. There is no sign of any deflection at all.

I guess I would worry about heat. This seems like the anti Mag-hytec. I did not seem any reference to the thickness of the material, but I would expect plastic to act as an insulator instead of helping dissipate heat like the finned aluminum Mag-hytec cover. By the way, I'm not endorsing either product as my diff cover is still stock. I guess this is purely for looks. Seems like a bad idea if you were pulling any kind of load.
    \'01 2500HD D/A CC SWB 4X4<br />Plain old white<br />Linex Bedliner<br />Husky Liners/Mudflaps<br />Kennedy\'s Headlight Harness<br />Black Westin WTW bars<br />255/85 Trxus MT\'s<br />GO HOGS plate on front

Kinda cool, but not for me! An accident waiting to happen..."Bubba, get a little closer so I can see that thing work!" BAM! BANG! BOOM! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Steve (Member #6089)<br /><a href=\"mailto:smbrown819@yahoo.com\">smbrown819@ya hoo.com</a><br />2002 LT 2500HD 4WD Crewcab Pewter/Graphite DuraMax/Allison<br /><a href=\"http://www.monkey.net/steve\" target=\"_blank\">(Mods and Miscellaneous Pics...Updated 08/10/03)</a>

mdrag Guest

Cool

I'll stick with the Mag-Hytec. I'm not fixin' to change...

If you use a clear diff cover, then the real anal types would HAVE to get every visible piece chromed, and then you couldn't use your truck since you would scratch the chrome - so heat would not be an issue...

I agree with Silver Bullet, it's an accident waiting to happen. I can see hitting something and "WHAM" you're completely screwed. Definitely looks good for a show, but I'd like to see it after 30,000 miles.
    Jason<br />2004 Crewcab 2500HD 6.0L - Let the mod\'n begin!!

Maybe a clear type of lube like a mineral oil based substance.

Then you could put in a big fat goldfish.

Hey!!! Don't tap on the glass!

w/t
    2001 black truck, powerful engine,<br />pneumatic tires (4), <br />2-way glass, fully-upholstered inside seating, 12volt dc lighting, one-man steering wheel,interior heating, wipers, aftermarket 8-track...more.

Perfectly good waste of money. I think you'll be washing that every time you pull out of ur driveway