Thread: Like the 6.5...

Arrow

I received a message from a potential 6.5 personal use owner recently who has this to say about his working experience with the 6.5. Thought you all might be interested. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jim

Hello My name is Rod, I am thinking about buying a 6.5 turbo diesel GM truck. I have owned 3 GM trucks so far all 350 gas engines. I am also a Cummins Diesel fan but I hate dodge. I am interested in the 6.5 because I drive a 6.5 diesel truck for DHL and it has 456,903 miles on it and as far as I know with no major problems. This is why I am interested in the 6.5, plus my DHL truck gets really good fuel mileage.

sturgeon-phish Guest

As we all know, the 6.5 has it's querks, but it does what we need them to do and with a dose of commen sense, will do it for a long time. Besides, $/mile down the road it's cheaper, considering initial cost, maintenance, fuel etc.

twaddle Guest

Hi Rod welcome to the DieselPage.
    I'll bet the DHL truck has a mechanical fuel pump and not the Electronic pump.

Good luck with the hunt for a truck.

You will find that the DieselPage Subsciption is worth every penny and to top it all you'll meet a real nice bunch of folks from all over the world offering genuine support and help.

Regards

Jim Twaddle
    Biggar, Scotland

moondoggie Guest

Good Day!

I'd also bet it's NA, not turbocharged. (Please, tell me I'm wrong - I'd like to believe a 6.5TD could last that long.)

Blessings!

Question

Yes - Tell us more
    96 1500 6.5 Silverado

81 Malibu ~ 75 Vega Wagon

Lecanto, Florida