Thread: Looking for leveling cams for a 3500

I am tired of the forward rake of my truck.

Combine that with the PIAA airdam that I have hanging of the front...

the front hitch that I sometimes carry a little motorcycle on...

and the fact that once these stock tires are worn out, I might get 25K out of them but another issue completely, I am going to 19.5" wheels with tires that are roughly 33" tall...

I need to get the front end up.

Who was it that sells the leveling cams (i remember ~$140)?

THose of you that have them, how do you like them?

Does it destroy the ride completely?
    2002 Chevrolet 3500 4x4 Crew Cab LT w/ Duramax & Allison in Charcoal Grey with custom Mud Accents

Talking

You should be able to crank up the torsion bars and get the front end up 1" to 1-1/4". This should bring it pretty close to level. It doesn't hurt anything.

If you absolutely would rather install cams, Ford dealers sell them for ~$40 for the set. That's all the $140 ones are, Ford parts with the part number ground off. If you do a search, the previous thread will come up, can't remember the title.

Regards ,Steve

It was Hill 4 wheel drive ( www.hill4wd.com ), but as I recall, the F**d keys were only the same for the 1/2-ton leveling kit, not the HD's.

I haven't tried these myself, so I can't attest to whether or not it's worth it. I've investigated making my own set, but haven't had the time or a real need to. I've cranked my torsion bars UP 3-1/2 turns from stock (and leveled from side to side), and it puts my 2500HD darn near level

[ 09-26-2002: Message edited by: GMC D-Max ]</p>
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic SLT K3500 CC DRW.
    19.5" Alcoas with 245/70R19.5 Goodyear treads, AFE 5" exhaust, Edge Attitude CTS, AMP Powersteps, Bilstein 5100's

I run the Hill 4 wd cams on my 3500 and the rake is almost gone. I'd say I got close to 3" of lift compared to maybe 2" from the stock cams cranked 8 turns.

At 3" of lift, the alignment shop had to adjust the caster/camber adjustment bolts a lot (one of them to the end of the adjustment range), but everything is within spec and the truck rides great.
    \'02 Pewter 3500 LT CC LB 4x4 D/A G80<br /><br />Predator v1.11, Warn M15000, BFG 235-85-16 ATs, Crimestopper Remote Start, 2.5\" Front Leveling Cams, Prodigy Brake Controller, Nasta Nerf Bars, UNI Foam Air Filter, Fumoto Valve

I just installed mine yesterday. Took me about 45 minutes but the GM torsion bar winding tool and HD impact wrench is absolutely necessary.

I kept the lift to 2" which just about leveled things out for me. The ride is a bit stiffer but NOT at all harsh. At stock the front end was too mushy. The truck did not handle well and would lean in the corners. Handling has improved greatly with the hill kit. Steering effort seems easier, the truck corners flat and it does not bounce after hitting a bump. I do plan on an alignment within the next few days when I will be installing the 285's. The part number cast into the keyway is K99 W/8L. Hope this helps.

Ron
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4x4 X/C;D/A;L/B;G80;PoloGreen/Graphite; DTA lighted boards; Line-X; tool box; Cobra cb; Passport 8500; ARE Z-Series cap; 16x8 Weld Outback w/ Nitto 285/75R16 Terra-Grapplers; Isspro gauges; Fumoto; Bedslide.

Hey Guys,
    Now that you have lived with the leveling cams a bit how do you like them? I have a concern about excessive wear on the CV joints, etc.. Anyone out there had them long enough to know what the long term affects are?
    01 LS 3500 4WD Crew D/A<br />Char Gray<br />EZAmp<br />Warn 15K winch<br />FS Air bags<br />1 extra overload leaf <br />Rancho 4\" in front<br />Good Hood ram air<br />Correctrack 2\" spacers<br />Hot Shot wheels<br />285-75/16 Cooper ST tires<br /><br />2003 Yellow H2<br />Toyota LC Mud/Sand Drag rig