Thread: More LED lights ...........

Thumbs up

On the same line as the little LED strip under the tailgate that comes with the 3500 dually's.....

I like the idea but wanted to be different.

I purchased a full length LED strip from JP Customs. $104 shipped. It either plugs into a flat four trailer plug or you can hard wire it. The neat thing about it is it's built so that half of it goes up in intensity with the turn signals or the whole thing does with brakes and four way flashers.

So any way, I plugged it in and laid it accross the bumper. My first impression was.. What the heck did I buy. A strip of red dots all the way across the back of my truck. It looked like something you'd see in the inner city.

While fiddling around with it to see how it would attach, I dropped it in behind the bumper.

Low and behold! The coolest thing. My truck is white. The LED bar caused that entire space under the tailgate to glow red. No more row of tiny lights but a cool red "bar" of light reflecting on the white paint.

I made up some simple bracketry to mount it in the optimum reflective position.

I love it. As soon as I get a chance I'll shoot some pictures.

[ 02-04-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

Thumbs up

Is it the same as the LED light bar on Altec's sight. It's called (Line Of Fire LED Light Bar). This one is real nice.
    2002 2500HD CC D/A <br />Post Mega filt., Lighted TTT mirrors, K&N Air Filt, Bilstein <br />B&W Gooseneck/5th, Oil guard, <br />Tekonsha Prodigy, Lift Pump, Line-x<br />Air Lift Bags & Load Controller II <br />Pics. <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/abear130\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/abear130</a>

That's it.... Line of Fire

I purchased the same thing a few months ago. The glow on yours looks great without seeing the actual bulbs. Nice touch.
    02\' GMC 2500HD DURAMAX 4 Door,285 BFG Mudders, Neostyle tailights Clarion DVD player, 2 clarion monitors, 3-Lighting Audio 10\'s<br />1-Rockford 800,1-Rockford 250a<br />Alpine component system ,Blue Neon underbody Kit,Kennedy headlight booster kit, Astrostart Remote Start, 60 gal. Aux. fuel tank tool box combo, Steelmark cowl induction Hood, Painted Grill w/billet insert, Sirius Sat. Radio, K40 Radar Detector W/ Hidden sensor, Ryno Liner<br />Huskey Floor Mats, 60\" Line Of Fire LED Light Bar, APC

Arrow

Hammer:
    I'm looking for the best fit for component speaks for the doors, would like to use the Boston Pro 6" or 5-1/4 pro's, and make a box for the back for two 10" JL Audio pro subs. I gather there is no room in the doors to fit a 8" sub?. I'm in the planning stage now. Where did you get your neo light kits? Thanks for info.
    Chad
    2002 Chev Dmax/Allison cc/sb,Summit White, BF Goodrich 265,75R-16, SS sep bars, Truxedo Pics-http://www.pbase.com/bigwheel/new_dmax