Thread: Best way to clean between the truck bed and the cab

Question

I hauled about 1.5 cubic yards of dirt today for my wife's garden. (The guy at the counter asked me what I was hauling it with, I just showed him the black duramax crew cab and smiled. He did not ask any more questions)

I ended up getting some dirt between the truck bed and the cab, I tried to clean it by hand but it did not work out, what is a good way to clean that area.

Also, I like the looks of a black truck but I hate cleaning it up, you can see every little water spot that leaks from the mirrors after a car wash on the doors.

By the way, the factory liner is awful, I had so much dirt, sand etc stuck between the liner and the bed at the bottom and I only hauled stuff for two weekends now. Needless to say, the truck is going Line-X on Tuesday for a spray-on liner.

Also installed the Lund interceptor and the plastic sill guards, 20 minutes done. Much easier than the running boards.
    2002 2500 HD Duramax Diesel Crew Cab Short box 4x4<br /><br />OEM Running Boards, Hidden Hitch front end hitch, step covers, and driven like there is an egg under the gas pedal

bora, another person without a home according to the profile,must be one step ahead of the law.
    But I'l try to help near here in Santa Rosa CA. at Campway, where I bought my shell they were selling these spunges attached to a flat plastic stick that could be inserted between the cab and the campershell or bed to clean in there. They were available in different thicknesses. So if you happen to live in Santa Rosa you know were to go to get one of those gismos. Stu

[ 04-20-2002: Message edited by: dmaxstu ]</p>
    2002 GMC 2500HD D/A. CC. LB. INDIGO BLUE <br />Custom Lining bedliner,Quick & Easy hitch receiver,Snugtop cap,Trailback running boards,135 Gal. Auxtank,Moryde RL suspension,Alison deep sump, Jordan Ultima 2020 brake controller.<br />26\'Sunnybrook 26CKS TT,<br /> Blue Ox equalizing hitch,2 Honda EU2000i generators in parallel. <br />25\'Bayliner Flying Bridge cruiser.

NutNbutGMC Guest

QUOTE:
    Needless to say, the truck is going Line-X on Tuesday for a spray-on liner.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

Bedliner Line-X :
    Excellent choice.

Use a skinny mop, as stated above.

Talking

bora,

I use a pressure washer to wash all of my vehicles. It gets under the wheel wells, ahrd to reach places fairly well. The sponge on a stick thing sounds pretty good, too.

Let's talk Line-x. I think you're gonna love it. I hauled around a fairly heavy (120lbs or so) metal piece with sharp edges. It bounced around a lot and I expected some scraped up Line-x. Took a look, and all I found was bare metal on the cargo where the paint had worn off and light discoloration of the Line-x. Wiped it off and turned out to be the paint from the cargo, no damage to the Line-x whatsoever. It is even tougher than it looks!

Regards, Steve
    \'02 2500HD 2WD LS, grey, CC, SB, D/A, locking diff., alloys, trailer and towing pkg. Delivered 11/09/01<br />So far:<br />Juice ver 3.61c, Max Power Plug, PS2000 propane, Gibson Performance dual exhaust, 255/85-16 Dunlop Rover A/Ts<br />Pillar mounted SPA Boost/EGT/oil press./oil, tranny, diff. temp gauges, Valentine One<br />Aiwa CD/MP3 head, 4- Pioneer TS-C1653 6.5\" component spkrs, 2-10\" Tsunami subs, 1200W of Visonik amps<br />Jordan 2020 Ultima Brake Controller, Lucerix mirrors, Line-X, Bed X-tender, DeeZee running boards<br />Peragon folding bed cover, Rancho RS9000 shocks<br />PIAA headlights, Power tailgate lock, Invinca-shield, Husky flaps and tinted windows <br />Mag-Hytech diff. cover, Allison deep sump, Transynd, Amsoil air filter and gear lube, Fumoto valve<p>Up next:<br />high idle, Spare fuel tank?<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/sfrakes/2002_silverado\" target=\"_blank\">Truck Pictures</a>

NutN. Nice logo on flaps, however in talking to Dennis Perry at Kaydenco on Friday, he was telling me about your Dmax cuts and he said the company doing the laser work declined to cut more due to the time involved in designing and machine time to cut. sounds as though you may be the only one to have these.

Robert

NutNbutGMC Guest

^... You are absolutely correct, as I also talked to Dennnis recently. There was a long story involved with the laser cuts. Basically, the laser people underbid themselves and put Dennis in a position to not be able to offer this option, at a reasonable price. From there, I'm thinking there may have been some disgruntlement and the rest is history. Kaydenco was in no way at fault. Dennis went above and beyond, to see that my flaps were done, as he initially offered them to me (unbeknownst to the problems). Guess I should update my sig line, so as not to be misleading. I try to support Kaydenco, as they have an excellent product, but as much, they are excellent people to deal with. 56Nomad recently met Dennis and was impressed with their operation and pleased with their hospitality. Thanks for the compliment on the flaps, as they came from Kaydenco. I just got lucky to get them.

I have been wanting a pressure washer for a while now, but isn't it hard on the paint. I find
    the paint on my black truck very fragile compared to both my 89 BMW M3 race car or my wife's 2001 Sable wagon.

Does the black come with a clear coat?

http://www.geocities.com/boraakyol/P4200902.jpg

[ 04-21-2002: Message edited by: bora ]</p>
    2002 2500 HD Duramax Diesel Crew Cab Short box 4x4<br /><br />OEM Running Boards, Hidden Hitch front end hitch, step covers, and driven like there is an egg under the gas pedal

NutNbutGMC Guest

^...Pressure washers are fine as long as the pressure is low. I have a pressure washer with a 13 HP Honda engine and a Cat pump. It generates max. 4700 psi. The first time I used it to wash the bugs off of the Ms' car (new Honda) it peeled the bugs off, as well as the paint from the plastic bumper cover... Man, was I ever in trouble, for a long time. However, I installed a pressure regulator on it (with a pressure gauge) and now, turn it down to around 700 - 800 psi. Paint seems to stay in tact at this lower pressure. It also cuts wood (deep) from decks, vinyl siding, and old concrete or mortar joints. How would I know this? It took me a few weeks to get the pressure regulator.

NutN. Dennis indicated he was doing research on other businesses in the area to produce laser designs on the flap weight. That is a novel idea and adds style to the flap. IMO
    I purchased a front/rear set for installation on my 3500. Will be picking it up around end of May.

BoB

NutNbutGMC Guest

^... You will be very pleased with the product. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]