Thread: toy hauler (toybox camper), who has one?

buelldude Guest

I have a small 18TB wander wagon, I'm looking at getting a bigger one with a seperate room for the bikes. Does anyone have one of these types of campers, and if so what do you have? I want one that is around 25-32'.

Hey dude,
    I've got an 03 Rage'N 27 footer. Lotsa room for toys, and people once toys are removed. It's made by National RV. Visit their website @ nationalrv.com. I bought mine @ Evergreen RV in New Braunfels, TX. FIRST RATE dealer. Sorry, I did'nt note where you're from.

Anyway, National is'nt the first manf. of Toyboxes, but they researched all the ones out there a couple of years ago and took all the best features and made THE best one. IMHO. They also have a Blaze'N model that is their "premium" model.

Good Luck in your quest,

txguppy
    ‘01GMC SLE 4X4 2500HD E/C D/A Pewter/Pewter <br />Michelin LTX M/S<br />Steelhorse OEM running boards<br />Roll Top Cover<br />Hadley Air Horns<br />Weathertech Floor Mats<br />Line-Xed Ranch Hand Grill Guard Amsoil 2-Stage Air Filter<br />Phantom II Detector/Jammer, Fumoto, Amsoil Engine Oil<br />Transynd Tranny Oil<br />Underseat Storage Box<br />Rancho RS9000X Shocks

I've got a 25' 2001 Tailgator by Keystone. It was my first one, and if I had it to do over I would change some things. Don't get me wrong, I like it but hindsight is 20/20. If you want a little cheap advice email me at norquist@drtel.net.

Talking

I've got a 25' Sierra, mfd by Forest River. I love it, quality seems to be good and I see nothing I would have done differently.

I put a 15'6" long travel V8 sand car in it (2200lbs) and it sits all the way in the rear with 1" to spare! With empty tanks and all that weight in the back, it wants to wag a little, but I'm installing an anti-sway bar kit tonight to help with that.

The trailer is very versatile and roomy with the toys unloaded. It has 3 beds, but enough room for a 4th queen size air mattress, for a total of 4 couples, but that's a little rough on the bathroom situation. I prefer a wide open floor plan for what I do, so I have no inputs on the separate garage type, sorry. I'd suggest buying used, the initial loss will be someone else's.

Regards, Steve

I have a 32' Tailgator 5er. Has a thirty gallon fueling station and gen prep. It'll carry 2 motorcycles or a large ATV. The garage has AC and heater duct so it can be used as additional living space. We have three teenage boys and it has worked great. A slide out would be nice but, of course, would up the ante a good bit.
    2003 Silv. 2500HD CC SB D/A

buelldude,

I bought my 25' Tahoe Transport TT (Thor of California) new in 1999. The trailer is fully loaded with accessories, including a VERY useful and quiet 4KW Onan genset. It's set up to haul 2 full sized motorcycles securely in the rear space. I use it both for dry camping and at campgrounds.

At that time, these trailers were designed without a partition between the living area and the "garage", so I had a partition with door added. I also had the rear drop-down ramp and the "garage" floor sprayed with a truck bed liner material containing a rough grit for traction. As it's currently set up, it sleeps 3.

With about 17,000 miles on this rig, I have no complaints. I think that a rig much longer than this would be a bit unwieldy (truck+hitch+trailer=50ft).

[ 03-23-2003: Message edited by: pinehill ]</p>
    2001 2500HD D/A CC/SB 4x4<br />A.R.E. Z-series topper, CA 75-series boards, Bedrug, Fumoto valve, Amsoil air filter, Jan \'02 PCM updates,Transfer Flow 50 gal. crossbed aux. fuel tank, Bilstein shocks, 25 ft. Tahoe Transport toybox (9.6K loaded), Hensley hitch, Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller.

If you want a seperate garage check out the ALFA Toy House, PREMO. Disadvantage is if you ever got want to load a small boat, it won't fit.
    2K2 Silverado 3500 LT 4x4 Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Loaded Pewter Owner since 01-05-02<br />JL Audio AMPS And SPEAKERS /3x10\" Subwoofer & hundreds of watts<br />Amsoil synthetic fluids<br />Amsoil Dual Remote oil filter<br />Pryo 2001 dual EGT guage<br />Kennedy light harrness plus lights<br />4\" exhaust<br />RS9000\'s<br />Etrex Legend GPS trip computer

http://www.**warriortrailers.com/

** is a 1

[ 03-23-2003: Message edited by: chevmeister ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://www.EGServicecompany.com/chev\" target=\"_blank\">My 2002 D/A 3500 CC LT</a>

Yo, got a SLC3705 Weekend Warrior. If you want to haul something beside a motorcycle you need a WW. I use mine to haul a jeep and it works great. You don't really need the wall unless you plan on having a bunch of leaking bikes. My jeep doesn't leak anything and there is no_NO smell inside the trailer. Works great and all the conveniences including the onan generator. Just can't beat it.
    Check out the above link for WW. Great trailer!
    2002 3500 D/A Lt Pewter/Graphite CC Dually,\"Juiced\". Laverne SS Side Steps, DTA Mudflaps, Catch All floor mats, Lund bug catcher, Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller. Reese 20k 5th wheel hitch, JK headlight harness & bulbs, WOW! Autometer boost and EGT gauges, Schefenacker TTT Mirrors, 66 Vette 509 CI-800HP adrenalin machine, 89 Vette, Astro Bass boat/200HP Mercury, 97 Jeep Wrangler, 38ft WW Toy hauler,<br />So many toys, not enough time!