Thread: Recycled soda can bumper REPLACED!

Smile

I installed my Ranch Hand replacement bumper on Saturday. I think I know where all of the recycled soda can go. They are sold to the folks who make stock bumper for cars and trucks. I was very surprised at the lack of material in the factory bumper. I can pick the complete front factory bumper, air dam, fog lights and all, with one hand. If the rear bumper is made the same, I can understand way it has a dent in it. Rear Ranch Hand bumber is on order.

Installation was a snap and I did most of the work by myself - and a fork lift [img]smile.gif[/img] Using a fork lift, engine hoist, big tree branch or some other method of lifting it is a very good idea. You can do it with the help of two GOOD friends, I would not want it dropped on me.

Looks, well I will admit that I was a bit concerned about the size when I ordered it. I had to make my decision bassed just on photos from some of the folks on here who have posted pictures of their trucks. Now that it is on the truck I am pleased with the looks. Yes, it is very noticable but compared with any of the other brush guards that I have seen there is no other choice. I weight 250 pounds and I can sit on the outside ends of the headlight protectors. Try that with one of the bolt together brush guards.

George
    2001 Chevy 2500HD, LT, ExtCab, 4X4, DMax/Allison, Lt Pewter Metallic/Lt Grey Int. 90 gal aux tank (auxtank.com), Ranch Hand Frontend replacement and Cowboy rear bumper.<br />Jorden Brake Controller<br />2001 32RK Alpenlite

Glad you like it gburton,now watch as people try to get out of your way
    Forrest green Dmax crew cab,B&W turnover ball hitch,Drawtight activatorII brake controler,PPE\'s modified 120hp PCM,duramaximiser,K&N filter,front replacement winch bumper,warn HS9500i winch,285 dueler M/T\'s, see pics at <a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/pullinpower01\" target=\"_blank\">http://photos.yahoo.com/pullinpower01</a> <br />02\'grizz 660

Yes, don't bump anything with the factory bumpers - they are just big pieces of trim.
    Love my full replacement bumpers, also. Certified them to be deer-proof a few months ago.
    2001 2500HD DuraMax/Allison Crew Cab 4x4 SWB - WRECKED!<br />2003 2500HD DuraMax/Allison Crew Cab 4x4 SWB Lt Pewter/ Tan Leather<br />2003 2500HD DuraMax/Allison Crew Cab 4x4 SWB Dk Green/ Tan Cloth

Talking

THey are also Toyota proof! I took off the front end of a Landcruiser about a week ago when he ddecided to not turn in a designated turn lane. No one was hurt but I did notice the New York tags. Poor guy had to just pick it up and put in the back. Didn't harm mine a bit.
    2001 2500HD D/A CC RED LT SWB D/A Ranch Hand front and rear
    305/70 16 Wrangler AT/S, Catch-All mats