Thread: Electrostatic Corrosion Prevention

Saw a device on TV today. The Counter Act Electrostatic Corrosion Prevntion Control device. It uses low amperage, high voltage to "eliminate" corrosion.

Anyone hear of this device? Is stuff electronic snake oil? It runs $ 250.00.
    2002 GMC 3500, Extended Cab, SLE, Storm Gray, Duramax, Allison, 4x4, AMS-Oil Air Filter, Line-X spray-in liner, PaceEdwards rolltop cover, XM Radio, Reese 16K 5th Wheel Hitch, Lucerix Trailering Mirrors (soon to have TTT Mirrors)<p>Pulling a Kountry Star 30RKCL<p><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/29000596SajNJGBIml\" target=\"_blank\"><b> My Truck and Trailer </b></a>

They are used on boats all of the time. The navy in particular uses a device on their mothballed fleet.
    Of what use it would have on a truck, I don't know.
    2001 C3500 Charcoal Grey, Lotsa Putco stainless stuff, CB with 250 watt amp, TST Competition box, 600 watt inverter

You must have seen the "2 guys Garage" with their hookup to the Tonka Truck?

I usually have my reservations about anything shown on their show, as more money is involved rather than actual product capability.

Would this really work?
    <b>2003 GMC 2500HD D/A SLT 4x4 CC LB! (Polo Green) </b><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/53238125hQAlYl\" target=\"_blank\"><i>PICS HERE</i></a>

I don't know, but my '91 doesnn't have one and isn't rusty. My father-in-law's '88 doesn't have one and also isn't rusty. My dad's '82 doesn't have one and is very rusty...pehaps this has more to due with the trucks themselves than with any galvonic/cathodic/electrostatic protection?

Every truck I owned prior to the '91 there was a constant battle with rust which I usually lost within 10 years after the truck was manufactured. The same was true for my dad and father-in-law, but none of us have rust on our newer trucks (dad also has a '96). Now that the manufactures seem to have rust pretty much solved it would be a great time to go into business with a mystery box that "prevents" it...the testemonials would be great.

If somebody wants to give me one I'll photograph every inch of the old '82 now and install the box...if it doesn't get any more rust I'll tell the whole world, but I'm not spending $250 to stop the rust on a truck that isn't worth $600...mostly because I don't think it will work.
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC D/ZF SB Fire Red 2WD no longer the fastest stocker up the hill at the TDP Pull Off. -sold-
    2004 Chevy Suburban 5.3L 2WD
    1996 GMC Sierra 1500 5.0L 5sp 2WD LB