Thread: Wanna see pics of the new 6.0L Powerstroke & 5-speed auto?>>>

Arrow

Go to:

http://www.wieck.com/public/

and click on "Click here to view all the latest images".

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I just thought some folks may be interested...
    2001 Chevy 1500HD - 2wd/6.0/3.73

Are those Aluminum heads [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    BBAAAAAAAhahaha
    2K2 Silverado 3500 LT 4x4 Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Loaded Pewter Owner since 01-05-02<br />JL Audio AMPS And SPEAKERS /3x10\" Subwoofer & hundreds of watts<br />Amsoil synthetic fluids<br />Amsoil Dual Remote oil filter<br />Pryo 2001 dual EGT guage<br />Kennedy light harrness plus lights<br />4\" exhaust<br />RS9000\'s<br />Etrex Legend GPS trip computer

Thanks for the info.

The TorqShift auto looks surprisingly small next to the smaller 6.0L PSD. The auto is suppose to be rated higher than the Allison so we can only assume Ford has smart software softening the 6.0L's blow.
    \'01 Silverado 2500HD Dmax/Allison EC 4x4 SB, Westin Bars, Fumoto Valve, Juice, AutoMeter Phantom EGT/Boost Gauges.

I like the design of the exhaust manifolds. They look less restrictive than the Dmax ones.

The turbocharger looks pretty big. I know it's a VGT (variable geometry). Wonder how that will deal with higher heat and mods.

The big questions..
    What will the first year hp/tq specs really be?
    Is the Ford tranny going to be a good one?

[ 05-30-2002: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

seems and looks to me as if they are using some of the dmax design.. putting the turbo right center haha my 2000 psd are pushed futher back.. hummmmmmmmm!!!! anyway maybe they will have better head gaskets then our dmax's
    2001 GMC HD DMAX/ALLI

Cool

If you want more info on the G2 and the 5 speed transmission go to :
    http://detnews.com/2002/autosinsider...b01-500146.htm

mowser [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Silver metallic, 2002 Chevy 3500LT D/A ExtCab 4X4: Banks 4\" exhaust/ Boost&EGT gauges: ULTRA 02 Aluminum Wheels with Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVOS tires: AFE Magnum Force/Stage 2 intake system and Juiced by Edge. <br /><br /> member #2673

People think the Duramax is a high revver? Powerstroke G2 numbers are 325 HP at 3300 rpm and 550 lb-ft at 2000 rpm. And with EGR on board, thanks but no thanks. My next diesel will be an early 2004 model, before all that January 1 pollution garbage takes effect.
    Ryan

Given the Duramax and Allison's ease in handling 30-60HP increases with just tuning and with no apparent side effects, it seems to me the General would be shooting themselves in the foot if they let F$#d take the "most power in class" top spot by bumping them by only 25HP and 30lb of torque. Any thoughts?
    2002 2500HD D/A LS CC SB 4x4<br />Dunlop Radial Rover RVs 255/85R16<br />Mobil Delvac1 5w40<br />AFE Stage 2 intake<br />Lucerix mirrors and Fumoto valve<br />Bilstein shocks<br />Magnaflow 4\" exhaust<br />Autometer SportComp gauges<br />Quadzilla 110HP Stealth Tuner

What caught my eye in the Detroit News Auto Insider article is the fact that GM's Diesel light truck sales increased tenfold to 100,000 units, surpassing Dodge at 80,000 units annually. Talk about hitting a home run!

Awhile back there was some article about DMAX Ltd increasing their yearly output capacity to 400,000 units. Makes one wonder what GM's DMax sales will be when engine supply is not a factor. Especially if the rumors are true and the DMax appears in the Suburban next model year!

Quote: The turbocharger looks pretty big. I know it's a VGT (variable geometry). Wonder how that will deal with higher heat and mods.

That word variable worries me remember the variable venturi carburator I still shudder at the sound. Stu

[ 05-30-2002: Message edited by: dmaxstu ]</p>
    2002 GMC 2500HD D/A. CC. LB. INDIGO BLUE <br />Custom Lining bedliner,Quick & Easy hitch receiver,Snugtop cap,Trailback running boards,135 Gal. Auxtank,Moryde RL suspension,Alison deep sump, Jordan Ultima 2020 brake controller.<br />26\'Sunnybrook 26CKS TT,<br /> Blue Ox equalizing hitch,2 Honda EU2000i generators in parallel. <br />25\'Bayliner Flying Bridge cruiser.