Thread: TAX DEDUCTION on SUV

I was watching a tv news shjow a few nites back and within a story about the "suv aiding terrorists" was a sideline topic mentioning a "special" tax credit for purchasing a new vehicle during 2002 for small business's.
    Anybody know anything about this ?
    my toys and work horses:<br />85 GMC shotbed 6.2<br />88 GMC ext cab long bed 6.2 (500,000 miles !!)<br />78 Corvette Black over Black<br />68 Camaro ss 396 Conv<br />69 Nova ss 396 / 375 hp<br />tonkater@worldnet.att.net BEAR CREEK REMODELERS

What I've heard is that the deductability of trucks for small business owners has been expanded to certin larger SUV's too. Of course the tree huggers have made it out like George Bush is giving a deduction for SUV's to everyone. This was an IRS ruling, BTW.

02 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, 4x4, Lucerix Mirrors, Fumoto valve, Amsoil air filter, <br />Kaydenco mudflaps, Hadley Air Horns, Lund Hood Protector, Prodigy,<br />2 micron Racor Post OEM fuel filter install photos:<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/66562661oghYok\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/album/66562661oghYok</a>

mdrag Guest

Cool

Topic moved to the General Diesel forum.

http://www.selfemployedweb.com/november_2002.htm

SUV Tax Deduction

As 2002 is winding down, everyone needs to be thinking about maximizing their tax deductions. This month's letter details some tax tips you may not know about. I hope everyone finds it helpful and informative. You may or may be able to use this tax advice. I urge you to consult a tax expert before you implement a tax strategy based on this information.

Thinking about a new business vehicle? How about an SUV or a PICK-UP?

The IRS normally limits the depreciation that can be deducted on the purchase price of a business vehicle. And, that limit is pretty small - only $3,060 for the first year for a 100% business use vehicle. However, for some business "trucks" the first year depreciation can be as high as $24,000. A "truck" is defined by IRS as a vehicle with over 6,000 lbs. of gross weight. This gross weight of the vehicle is displayed on the inside of the driver's door.

Just buy one of the following vehicles:
    2002 Vehicles with Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings (GVWR's) of more than 6,000 pounds

Cadillac
    Escalade SUV

Chevrolet
    Astro Passenger Van AWD
    Avalanche Pickup
    Express Van
    Silverado Pickup
    Suburban SUV
    Tahoe SUV

Dodge
    Durango SUV
    Ram Van
    Ram Maxi Van
    Ram Wagon
    Ram 1500 Pickup
    Ram 2500 Pickup
    Ram 3500 Pickup

Ford
    Excursion SUV
    Expedition SUV
    Econoline (E150, E250, E350) Van
    Econoline Wagon
    F150 Pickup
    F250 Pickup
    F350 Pickup GMC
    Yukon -
    (including XL and Denali) SUV
    Safari Passenger Van AWD
    Savana Van
    Sierra Pickup
    Sierra Denali

Land Rover
    Discovery Series II SUV (2001)
    Range Rover SUV (2001)

Lincoln
    Blackwood Pickup
    Navigator SUV

Mercedes
    M-Class -
    (ML 32, ML 500, ML55 AMG)

Toyota
    Land Cruiser (4WD) SUV
    Sequoia SUV
    Tundra Pickup (Limited models)
    TxDoc's Photos
    Member #5547

Thanks GOP
    2008 GMC Sierra SLE 2500 HD
    Z71 4x4 Extended cab long bed
    265/70/17 oem aluminum wheels
    6.0 gasser with 6L90 tranny

2007 Harley Davidson FXSTC
    Softtail Custom
    Too many mods to list

2005 Contender 25 Open
    Yamaha 200 HPDI's

What about my 03 I purchased on 02 ? Still good ?
    03 GMC Allimax SLT extended cab shorty, totally loaded, black on dark pewter Hot Juice stacked on Bully Dog programed VA pressure box 33/12.50/16.5 BFGoodrich A/T KO\'s on 16.5X9.75 Center Line Outlaws, Kennedy Headlight power, AFE stage II intake, Dakota Digital pillar mount boost/EGT guages, ATS duals to follow ! There are 3 things you DO NOT ask a man to to test drive, his Lady, his Harley, and his Duramax ! Toddster@cox.net

Being self employed my trucks and depreciation have always been tax deductable.(and didn't depend on a shrub being in WH) I'd just heard that there was some increase or change. I'm sure it doesn't depend on vehicle year , especially if its new.Thanks for the links, i'm gonna check them out.
    tonkater - dieselgettogether.com
    my toys and work horses:<br />85 GMC shotbed 6.2<br />88 GMC ext cab long bed 6.2 (500,000 miles !!)<br />78 Corvette Black over Black<br />68 Camaro ss 396 Conv<br />69 Nova ss 396 / 375 hp<br />tonkater@worldnet.att.net BEAR CREEK REMODELERS