Thread: What are the ISSPRO sender thread tap sizes, Please!

MTTwister Guest

Arrow

OK, got my gauges, etc. Trying to figure out if my Tap and Die set is gonna work, but doesn't look like it.

What are the thread - TAP - sizes I need for the 1) Tranny temp sender, and
    2) the Pyro sender unit?

A Thought - Tranny temp _ I may go with the cooler line to the Radiator. Do I cut and splice into that line to install a T fitting? Flare's required on the lines?

Alternate - since it doesn't fit the 2WD drain plug - I may take that pan back and look for an after-market Drain plug - if the stinking sender will thread up ( I did get 3 adapter's with the sender.. ) Anybody need a 2WD pan? Seems they're scarce!

Wanna have my Stuff together before I crack it open and am Screwed... Thanks

Thanks

The pyro probe is 1/4" tapered pipe thread. Not sure what your tranny temp probe is.
    94 3500 dually 6160lbs 4L80E 3:73 KD airbox mods AFE filter modified intake plenum GM8 turbo KD downpipe no cat 4\" SS tubing Dynamax 16\" bullet Heath T/M + chip custom oilcooler lines Isspro pyro + boost gages....SHE ROCKS

Cowracer Guest

Twister

I put Isspro gauges in my 94. I didnt have the stuff to put a drain plug in the pan. But i noticed a small plug in the side of the tranny just aft of the shifter shaft. This plug has the same threads and same overall tip as the Isspro sending unit, and it had ATF on it.

I replaced the plug with the sender and have had no problems in over 1500 miles.

Give it a look! saved a ton of time and effort

Tim

MTTwister Guest

Smile

Ahhh, Thanks guys. My cheapo tap&die set needs to get one more addition, looks like.

Cowracer - I like your idea. Does this seem to give you accurate Temp readings? Supposed you'd have to have senders in the outlet line and compare to see how accurate it is, but What the Hay - it'll give me an idea at least, vs floggin' it blind.

Thanks again.

diesel65 Guest

The Isspro sender should be 1/8th NPT, If you look in the Summit catalog they have a drain plug kit that you could use to thread the sender into, if you want to keep it in the pan.
    I would make a threaded bung and have it TIG welded into the side of the pan.

markelectric Guest

Both my thermocouples were set up for 1/8 pipe thread. I just bought a 1/8 pipe coupling, cut it in half, and welded them to the downpipe and the tranny pan. then ran a drill bit thru to open the passageway. As a side benifit I now have a drain for the tranny.

Cooperrw Guest

I can't help with the thread size in the pyro as I used the clamp on style in the cross over pipe. (easy way out ) I put my tranny sender in the top line right behind the radiator useing a brass tee with no flare's. I have been told this will leak do to the compression fittings working lose but no problems yet.

Cowracer Guest

Originally posted by MTTwister:

Cowracer - I like your idea. Does this seem to give you accurate Temp readings? Supposed you'd have to have senders in the outlet line and compare to see how accurate it is, but What the Hay - it'll give me an idea at least, vs floggin' it blind.

Thanks again.
    Uh, I dunno..

I've never measured it any other way to see if the readings are Kosher, but when empty, it takes about 10 minuts of highway driving to get up to about 160 and then stays there. When pulling my friends 7800 lb. boat across missouri, it showed maybe a tick over 180.

The tip of the probe is not immersed in fluid, but it get some pumped/splashed on it. It works good enough for me.

Tim