Thread: A Diesel at Burnout Contest?!?!

Cool

Took my little ole work truck to the burn out contest this weekend. Should've seen all the muscle car owners pointing and laughing. After I started though, most had their hands full trying to catch their jaws.

Check this out. Some pics for your enjoyment:
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...0776&a=7569573

------------------
    1997 F-250, Supercab, 4x4, psd, auto, 3" downpipe, 4" exhaust, propane injection, intercooler ordered, chip as soon as intercooler comes in

Any idea of your transmission temps during this extended abuse of it? I have only done one burnout this large in my life--thank god we traded that minivan a few days later, because I fRiEd that tranny!

How fast were your tires spinning to get that much smoke?

Pretty interesting!

------------------
    '84 Chevy K10 Scottsdale 4x4. 305 V8, 700R4.
    '00 Aerolite 25' Travel Trailer with Slide

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 84 Chevy K10:
    Any idea of your transmission temps during this extended abuse of it? I have only done one burnout this large in my life--thank god we traded that minivan a few days later, because I fRiEd that tranny!

How fast were your tires spinning to get that much smoke?

Pretty interesting!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All ya need is a good tranny cooler and fan.

I don't know how fast the wheels were spinning, but I shifted into drive. I have a tranny cooler. No problem.

------------------
    1997 F-250, Supercab, 4x4, psd, auto, 3" downpipe, 4" exhaust, propane injection, intercooler ordered, chip as soon as intercooler comes in

CleviteKid Guest

Question

Did you glance at your speedometer during your burnout? That will tell you exactly how fast your rear tires are trying to go.

The Clevite Kid

Now don't you suppose that if I had glanced at my speedo I would've told you guys how fast the wheels were spinning?

I'm guessing that they were turning around 50 or so.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Johnboy:
    I don't know how fast the wheels were spinning, but I shifted into drive. I have a tranny cooler. No problem.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh! thats nothing... A Cummins can make that much smoke in neutral...he he . I did a little peel out or two after putting on my turbo (couldnt help myself) , but I wanted SOME tires left. BTW, it looks like you forgot to lock in the hubs ...

------------------
    '85 6.2 Banks Turbo

Lightbulb

Hey johnboy thats beautiful!!! http://www.helicon.net/~joespond/HVAC/piers2_56k.rm

[This message has been edited by smokinjoe (edited 09-19-2000).]

Thumbs up

Hey smokinjoe, that's insane!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Johnboy:
    I don't know how fast the wheels were spinning, but I shifted into drive. I have a tranny cooler. No problem.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Johnboy,

It is still possible to overtemp that tranny regardless if you have a tranny cooler. I'm assuming you had the throttle wide open, how long did you do this for? BTW, nice pics!

Each contest was only allowed 20 secs. to make the most smoke. When the time was up they made you stop.

I'm sure the transmission got warm. But I don't how warm. I have a guage, just need to put it in.

------------------
    97, F-250, SC, 4x4, PSD, auto, 3" downpipe, 4" straight exhaust, intercooler, propane injection, 300 horse Hypermax Computer

the guys with gassers just dont understand the physics of doing this. can do a decent burn out with my 90 dodge cummins but cant match that ford.

Angry

Did u win??
    looks good

------------------
    1999 3500 4x4 flatbed 5 speed stock for now

Hey Johnboy, That should show them gas gusslers, Hope they choked on it, Infinate thumps up!