Thread: Ford remote door lock relay?

Question

I know this is a GM site but does anyone know about Ford remote door lock relay. I am trying to get a keyless entry system to work and thought that there would be a simple relay that could be installed to achieve this. If nothing else is there a forum that deals with this type of information?

Cool

Jfile,
    I don't have the answer, but I can tell you where to get it. This site is dedicated to car stereos, alarms, cruse control installs, etc. http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/default.asp

You can join for free and do searches without joining. There will be someone who can help you out with this problem. They also have a wire color code lookup that is pretty good. If the vehicle is newer than 2000, you have to post a question an one of the folks will give you the answer. I had to on my 2002.

Hope this helps.
    02 2500HD LT Dmax/Alli CC 4x4 Lt Pewter, Tan in, Amsoil, transynd, Bilsteins, Amsoil Air Filt, JK 4\" Exht, RollnLock, Rhino Liner, Remote start, alarm, High Idle, SPA DG211, Pred, Mega, Fumoto, Remote oil bypass, XL Tranny cooler, XM, Cell kit

Red face

I meant cruise control. Need spell check on here.
    Chris

go right to the door lock switch on the drivers door. If you have 3 wires from the door lock switch you have to use a negative pulse to do the locks if you have 5 wires you need to use 2 relays and a neg. triger from the alarm. I hope this helps
    2002 2500HD D/A CC 4X4 LS bright Red ,sway bar, Auto Meter guages, painted flares,air bags , titan hitch,rs9000x shocks . It makes on heck of a toy hauler !