Thread: Trans slip?

Question

What just happened? Pulling a 16' stock trailer (empty) pulled up to a stop sign , stopped completly for approx. 5 seconds or so then went to accel. and trans (allison) was in nuetral and in 1 to 2 second slip and then slammed into first real hard. Dealer ship said there is a computer upgrade for this problem. Has anybody else had this problem?

Your dealer is correct .. You are lucky the don't come to often as the stories I've heard here .......

MAC

mark45678 Guest

If I stop on a hill without useing the brake mine will do the same thing! Just tap the brakes to get the get the trans to down shift befor you start to power up!

I just got the latest update. It seems that the downshift threashold is lowered (requires more throttle input), and the 2 - 1 downshift issue is a thing of the past. Let the dealer fix you up.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

My tranny was slipping from time to time when it was cold, and I got the "update" about two weeks ago. It seemed to fix the problem, but it seemed to shift a little harder the first day or so and then settle down.

Just make an apointment and tell them whats happening and they will give you the "good" stuff to fix the problem.
    DP #7384 <p>2002 Silverado LT 4WD Crew Cab<br />Duramax 6600 <br />Allison 5SPD Auto<br />Dark Carmine Red Metallic Paint<br />Graphite Leather Interior<br />Reese 5er Hitch<br />2003 Montana 34\', 5er<br />Banks SS 4\" Monster Exhaust<br />Rino Liner