Thread: Day time running lights not working???

I checked the 10 amp fuse and it looks ok. I did not check the relay.

I have been overriding the DRL's at times by pushing the dome override button 4 times but the DRL's used to come back on after the truck was shut off and then restarted. No more.

Now when the truck is started it looks like regular night time lights are on even tho the dashboard lighting switch is off.

Guess I'll head off to the dealer unless someone can set me straight beforehand.

Thank you
    \'02 Silverado 3500,LB,CC,4x4,D/A,Stock.<br />Carries an Arctic Fox 11.5\' camper

mdrag Guest

Cool

Penngrovian,

How are you checking for DRL operation? Don't forget that the vehicle must be in gear (not park) AND parking brake OFF. You may want to check that the parking brake is releasing fully by pulling up on it with your foot.

When I start my truck in the garage during the day, the headlights come on when I release the parking brake. When I get outside, the HLs switch off and the DRLs then turn ON. Also, the DRLs switch over to the HLs about 10 seconds after pulling into the garage (daytime).

Kennedy Guest

The little black dome (rightmost if there are two) is the daylight sensor that gives you auto headlights. I set a bottle cap on mine for fully automatic daytime headlight operation/shutdown.

mdrag:

Thanks for your help. The DRL's are working just fine now.

I think it was a combination of starting the truck under a carport; looking while in Park and the emergency brake not fully released.
    \'02 Silverado 3500,LB,CC,4x4,D/A,Stock.<br />Carries an Arctic Fox 11.5\' camper

Idle_Chatter Guest

Talking

So, tell me John Kennedy. Is that bottle cap a Point Beer cap?