Thread: Tranny Oil Change

Thumbs down

Went to a GM dealer to get the 30,000 mile tranny filter change & flush.They did OK untill it came to putting the fitting on the tranny line to flush it,Guess What,No Fitting.Well,I got half of it done new oil & filter,& even the new spin on with a magnet WITHOUT ANY CHARGE TO ME.Went to anouther dealer to see if they could do the flush & they said yes they had the fitting to do it with & they also called the reginal manager from GM & told him about the first dealers senerial.Well,it turns out that GM is going to do the whole thing over again for me without a charge involved because the first dealer couldnt accomplish the job .So I get two cleanouts now without a charge & they are putting new filters on again regardless of the first one installed.Cant beat this with a stick ha guys.Hammer
    [URL=http://2001 3500 LS Extended Cab D/A ,Running Boards.Tool Box,Window Shades,Bug Deflector,20K Reese Fifth Wheel Hitch,K&N Air Filter,Running Board Lights,Blue Grill Lights.Chrome Tailpipe Extension,Computered Trailer Brake System, Pulling 2001 Travel Supreme Exspress 36 Ft. Tri-Axle fully loaded.<br />Total Weight-26,500

hammer,

What fitting? All one needs is a length 5/8 hose and a clamp...And speedy dry ..... Is there truly a fitting to fit the line? If your are not changing to synthetic no need to continue this blunder by GM less you want ..... You ought to put some miles on by rescheduling your service date .... Say in about 20,000 miles...... LOL

MAC

Mackin,The fitting is for there transmission pump to pump the old oil out of the pumps in the tranny.According to the dealer they need a fitting to tie into the lines so they can pump the oil out of the pumps in the tranny,they drain the rest of it out by dropping the pan,Any way the shop I took it too first didnt have the fitting,no Im not going with synthedic just dextron 3. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    [URL=http://2001 3500 LS Extended Cab D/A ,Running Boards.Tool Box,Window Shades,Bug Deflector,20K Reese Fifth Wheel Hitch,K&N Air Filter,Running Board Lights,Blue Grill Lights.Chrome Tailpipe Extension,Computered Trailer Brake System, Pulling 2001 Travel Supreme Exspress 36 Ft. Tri-Axle fully loaded.<br />Total Weight-26,500

Question

I just finished changing my transmission fluid and filter and noticed what seems to be a drain plug, adjacent to the external filter. If you start from the front of the transmission pan, count 2-bolts in from the left side and the plug I am referring to is just in front of the pan bolt. (Not the drain plug on the pan.) Any idea what the purpose of this plug is?

[ 06-10-2002: Message edited by: GrayMax ]</p>
    2500 HD CC, SB, DMAX/Allison

The plug you've spotted is the main pressure tap. It is used for troubleshooting, and also used by body builders for apply pressure when they install a PTO. If you remove it with the engine running, you'll have a 250psi stream of oil comin' at ya!